• This topic has 19 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Sam.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • 29er fork recommendations please
  • vondally
    Free Member

following on from wrong fork bought…

what is the most complaint

rigid fork

will be used with a 2.3 or 2.4 tyre.

Ideally under 100 pounds cheaper better

or

light 100 suspension fork

Rigid is favourite

Thanks

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Eh?

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Salsa Chromoto

rOcKeTdOg

singular swift fork

vondally
    Free Member

sorry on an iphone thing…speeling all over

salsa and singular are both steel? correct?

rOcKeTdOg

correct

JRTG
    Free Member

Salsa & swift fork are good but wiggly, carbon exotic is stiffer and lighter but a little bit more £. For a little more you can get a qr15 maxle salsa one or splash out and get the niner, it’s worth it!

rOcKeTdOg

Salsa & swift fork are good but wiggly,

wiggly? my Swift moves under braking front to back but never side to side. that movement is what makes it comfy

For a little more you can get a qr15 maxle salsa one or splash out and get the niner, it’s worth it!

Ideally under 100 pounds cheaper better

swift fork is £70

vondally
    Free Member

charliebikemonger 79.99 salsa…..look very classy

vondally
    Free Member

cannot see the swift fork on singular site…….osprey yes

takisawa2

Get the Swift one. It’s a bargain. You have to email Sam at Singular I think. He comes on here sometimes.
    It’s identical to the Niner one at 2.5x the price but rides exactly the same. (I’ve had both.)
    Carbon is a little bit lighter but I think the steel is overall more supple.

bunnerscj
    Free Member

Had 2 pairs of the Singular fork, first one bent forwards, last pair bent backwards (long story but involved a tree, wheel stayed true – plug for JRA and their 29er wheel builds 😆 ).
    Now on carbon ones which seem far more compliant.

Sam

I don’t know how big Chris is or how hard he rides, or which Swift fork he used (there are 3 versions; 485 original, 470 current and 485 heavy duty) but crashes involving trees could well put paid to any fork. IME ‘carbon’ forks vary as much in their compliance than steel ones if not more so – as much is down to how the material is applied than the material itself.

The Swift forks are not available on the site but can be purchased by dropping me an email.

coopersport1
    Free Member

Save up get a Niner you’ll never ride another rigid fork again imo! 😀

Sam

Niner carbon forks are great – Niner steel are very similar to Singular forks and more than double the price. TBH for me the primary benefit to the Niner carbon is one of weight saving.

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

Sam, what’s the length of the Swift forks please?

Phatman
    Free Member

470mm assuming I’m reading Sam’s previous post correctly. Been looking at the rigid forks available at the moment and I’d also take a look at Soul Cycles Dillinger fork. I’ve just ordered a pair and will be keeping an eye out for their new carbon forks come Autumn. 9mm/15mm options, 485mm A-C, 45mm offset. Currently estimated at $200-$300 with 2 year warrenty.

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

BTW, there’s some really nice Syncros carbon forks on CRC reduced at the moment…..

Sam

I’ve got these, close on budget.

Come from China but the guy is totally dependable

Very odd spec – 450mm and 38mm rake

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘29er fork recommendations please’ is closed to new replies.