Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • RIP King Richard III
  • chewkw
    Free Member

Long live King Richard III !

May you rest in peace.

😐

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I was appalled to read that they had buried him in a car park ffs.

I hope he gets the proper funeral that he deserves now.

slowmart
    Free Member

I’m King Dick. 😀

Lifer
    Free Member

Dick the shit.

wwaswas

I trod on a Richard III in a car park once. Perhaps I should have given it a decent burial.

Sparrow it was.

chewkw
    Free Member

He was the legitimate King ffs … 😡

Northwind

I’d been hoping that he would turn up still alive, possibly riding Shergar. Absolutely heartbroken.

CountZero

I was appalled to read that they had buried him in a car park ffs.

I hope he gets the proper funeral that he deserves now. 😯 🙄
    He was buried in a churchyard! Not properly, in a decent grave with a coffin, because Henry wanted to humiliated Richard.
    I think you’ll find that back in the 15th Century, car parks were much scarcer than they are now.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

No it was definitely a car park.

I have no idea whether it was a disabled bay though, which I guess he would have been entitled to.

Lifer
    Free Member

WOOOOOSH

Nipper99
    Free Member

The final insult is that he is going to be reburied in Leicester!

Frankers
    Free Member

chewkw – Member
    He was the legitimate King ffs …

Well technically yes but also not as he killed his brothers son…

chewkw
    Free Member

CountZero – Member

… because Henry wanted to humiliated Richard.

He showed no respect to the legitimate King even after he killed him …

I am not surprised King Richard III died in battle because of his deformity.

Frankers
    Free Member

Nipper99 – Member
    The final insult is that he is going to be reburied in Leicester!

How rude 🙁

totalshell

He should be brought back to Yorkshire.. the shame of being left to rot in Leicester

bring tricky Dicky III home..

rogerthecat
    Free Member

State funeral – nothing less.

chewkw
    Free Member

Yes, definitely state funeral as he was the legitimate King.

Not the Tudor propaganda nor those of the Shakespeare …

rogerthecat
    Free Member

dannyh
    Free Member

BTW if you want to listen to a real crackpot, watch the documentary on C4 now. That Philipa woman is tapped.

Sadly I think a lot of the programme is going to be her being nutty and the presenter/narrator taking the piss out of her in a smarmy way.

Still, quite an interesting concept, though.

chewkw
    Free Member

dannyh – Member

BTW if you want to listen to a real crackpot, watch the documentary on C4 now. That Philipa woman is tapped.

Well, the “crackpot” found the King while the “rational” spew hot air … or liquid … 🙄

dannyh
    Free Member

Doesn’t make it healthy to obsess about someone who has been dead for 520 years then get all teary about it, though.

Interesting, yes, but something to get all ‘Dorothy’ about. I think not. Attention-seeking more like.

yossarian
    Free Member

Haha

She found him on the first day. On the spot she predicted.

Some crackpot.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

There’s something endearing about her.
    It’s enigmatic eccentrics like her that make the world interesting.
    Nothing would have happened without her passion and commitment.

souldrummer
    Free Member

Especially as he was buried under a part of the car park marked with an ‘R’. You would have thought they would have found it earlier!!!

Nipper99
    Free Member

Downing St e-petition for burial at York signed.

kimbers

from fbook……….

dannyh
    Free Member

Finding what you are looking for by using research and a bit of intuition does not prove that you are one thing or the other. That’s not what I said. She is OTT about it all, and the faux reverence is silly.

She has done something remarkable and should be proud, but getting all worked up about it on an emotional level is not necessary. Check out some of her correspondents.

petrieboy

My word she’s quite quite bonkers isn’t she!!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Simon Farnaby still hasn’t done “stupid deaths”.

Is he ever going get round to do it or what ?

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Did you see the injuries to his skull – no helmet, they said so – proof positive a helmet will save your life, if it were ever needed.

bluemooner
    Free Member

I found it quite amusing that Jo found it inapropriate to place the standard on Richard’s remains, even though she’d previously put a pick through the priceless remains.

maccruiskeen

Finding what you are looking for by using research and a bit of intuition does not prove that you are one thing or the other.

She was acting on a hunch

nealglover
    Free Member

He was buried in a churchyard! Not properly, in a decent grave with a coffin, because Henry wanted to humiliated Richard.
    I think you’ll find that back in the 15th Century, car parks were much scarcer than they are now.

Brilliant.

Unintentionally brilliant.

🙂

imnotverygood

Wasn’t it just incredible how the facial reconstruction looked almost exactly like the portrait we have of Richard. Amazing! How do they do it?

martinhutch

She was acting on a hunch

She actually said this in her interviews. Which made me chuckle.

dannyh
    Free Member

I found it quite amusing that Jo found it inapropriate to place the standard on Richard’s remains, even though she’d previously put a pick through the priceless remains.

Agreed – it was also amusing to see the fact that Philippa was so desperate to wrap the cardboard box in the standard before…….. putting the box behind the passenger seat of a white van, probably next to a bag of dirty clothes that one of the dig team had just changed out of!

I actually enjoyed the programme a great deal, even if it was a bit hammed-up in places.

Moses

It’s a shame that the presenter was a comedian rather than an historian, and that the dig was treated rather lightly in the early phases.
    I guess they expected the find to be some arbitrary medieval bloke rather than the king, and were somewhat shocked at how it turned out.

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘RIP King Richard III’ is closed to new replies.