Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Rigid mtb's ( vitus)
  • birdo
    Free Member

I m looking to get myself a rigid city/bridleway bike. The only one I can find off the shelf is the vitus dee 29. I can’t find any others . So questions are , is the vitus any good or is there any other options?

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

Vitus is meant to be excellent for the money and sounds well suited to what you want

qwerty
    Free Member

I have the V brake version, I love it as a town/school run/tow path bike, getting it for £250 was a bonus!!! STW had a long termers review on one for premier users.

fasthaggis

>thread hi-jack<
    Just bought an Orange P7 frame and was thinking about a rigid fork for it.
    How does one go about working out the length of a suitable fork (normally 120 -140 suspension unit on them) ?

ianfitz
    Free Member

Do islabike still make a rigid 29er? Got good reviews and seemed v good value for money.

Would be worth a look…

calumf50
    Free Member

Genesis make a few…

molgrips
    Free Member

Would you take one of those proper off-roading?

I’ve been thinking about something like that.. but with gears.

birdo
    Free Member

Genesis ones are a it over budget. Never heard of islabikes but I ll take a look. I did look at at the long termer review but I need to upgrade to premier status to read it.

Qwerty , is there anything you want to upgrade on it. Normally at that price point there’s a corner cut somewhere.

qwerty
    Free Member

You get what you pay for, it’s a cheap bike, it’s my hack bike, unworthy of upgrades unless it wears out or breaks, yes I’d take it down some trails – but if you want to hammer it regularly it’ll probably complain. Keep it simples, ride, put in shed, repeat…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Rigid mtb's ( vitus)’ is closed to new replies.