Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Right, I'm going back on my MTB after a while but need ……
  • iolo
    Free Member

Ok, after nearly 4 years I will try to get back on my bike.
    I’ve decided to service it first so I need:-
    HT2 bottom bracket
    9 speed drivetrain – cassette, chain, triple chain rings, mavic 819 tubeless valves, break pads for Avid Juicy 7 (I have bleed kit, seals and oil).
    Where’s the cheapest for this stuff these days? Any good deals on?
    Many thanks

bikeneil
    Free Member

Just do a Google search.

sofatester
    Free Member

Just do a Google search

The spirit of christmas at its finest!

Though also your best bet…

tomhoward

Your lbs

iolo
    Free Member

My LBS is currently in the uk and I’m in deep Austrian territory.
    I would like these parts before I return to the uk as my bike is here with me.

duckers
    Free Member

Whatever I cant find in the classifieds I generally use chainreactioncycles, there prices are hard to beat.

Brake pads check out uberbikes and get either race matrix or if you want them to last a bit longer with maybe a little less stopping power go for the sintered pads: http://www.uberbikecomponents.com/category/331/View-all-Avid-SRAM-Disc-Brake-Pads-here

Wiggle are a competitive alternative, and again once you find what your looking google it before you order to find any deals. An odd one but if go outdoors have any of the kit you want and you have a card, they do price match +10% off for your trouble.

rickmeister

Bike discount.de works well in Germany … As does wiggle and chain reaction,

epicbleedsolutions
    Free Member

I find that Merlin Cycles beat CRC on price a lot of the time.

njee20
    Free Member

Rose Bikes, although their range is limited. Then CRC

Chest_Rockwell
    Free Member

Ribble are doing a 10speed Deore (transmission) groupset for £145.99. SLX is around £200 or £170 for 2×10 at Merlin. (there’s often a voucher on either site to get the price down lower than that)

Might work out better for you, hassle and money-wise, if you moved your old stuff on and replaced with shiny new kit.

Worth thinking about IMO.

Scapegoat

Hi-Bike.de is great most of the time for drivetrain stuff. Given current pricing and availability, 10 speed is cheaper potentially….. you’d have to find a 10spd RH shifter and rear mech, but plenty about secondhand. Your current 9 speed cranks will be compatible with 10 speed rings/chain unless it’s something really obscure.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Right, I'm going back on my MTB after a while but need ……’ is closed to new replies.