Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Ridley cyclocross bike sizes?
  • FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Looking at a Ridley cyclocross bike on ebay – size 48cm.

However the guy says its equivalent to a 54 cm road bike.

48cm is the smallest bike they do, so does that mean Ridley to not make bikes for short arses?

Ta

qwerty
    Free Member

Paul Milnes cycles sell CX bikes for ickle folk, check out their eBay shop. There is also another eBay seller with cheap small frames but the name escapes me at present. Kona do little bikes but not the cheapest. Check out IslaBike too.

qwerty
    Free Member

Graham Weigh is the other one, currently has a 45cm frame and fork on eBay for £200.

crazy-legs

Ridley measure their bikes differently – I was in my LBS the other day and he was trying to sell me a Ridley CX to replace my aging S-Works but the geometry just wasn’t equivalent at all. He reckoned I’d need a 58cm (my S-Works is a 61cm) so what they size up as is about 3-4cm different from most other bike companies.

PITA.
    They do make bikes for smaller people but again I’d say trying them out is a definite before buying.

aP
    Free Member

My resident small bike expert tells me that Ridley do make small cx frames, just not in the high end frames. For herself, she has a Blue Norcross SL in xs which she likes a lot.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Eventually found a geometry sheet from Ridley that shows there 48cm is equivalent stand over to something like a medium or 54cm frame!

I’ll keep looking, just not Ridley

simply_oli_y
    Free Member

Ridley have a high stand over (as you’ve found out) but the length (top tube) won’t be anything like a 54!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Ridley cyclocross bike sizes?’ is closed to new replies.