Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • riding spots around brighton area
  • jimsmith
    Free Member

Im going down to the south coast to see an old mate, he s done a bit of mtb but not that experienced
    I dont know the area at all
    Im wondering if there are any trail center type spots nearby (say within an hrs drive) where we wont get too lost!
    cheers
    Jamie

Taff
    Free Member

There’s Stanmer Park.

chiefgrooveguru

When are you about? There’s lots of good riding but you’ll need a guide to find most of it!

JRTG
    Free Member

Yep lots around, only trail centre close is bedgebury buts its over an hours drive and the main trails aren’t that good. Stanmer is ace but as someone else said, a guide would be essential to not miss the good stuff. I’ll be out Friday probably if that helps.

Edit- unless there’s some surf… Looks there might be too!

jimsmith
    Free Member

Nice one all!
    basically got all weekend and no plans as yet tbh, we were going to see what the weather is like but if theres a ride we can tag on to or someone fancys showing us some trails that would be fantastic. post ride beer is on me 🙂
    cheers

chiefgrooveguru

I think I’m busy this weekend but others will be out – have a look/ask here: http://www.southdownshosting.co.uk/forum/index.php?www

workhard
    Free Member

Steyning is worth a look

http://steyningmtb.tumblr.com/trails

wwaswas

or Friston.

Jim_Kirk
    Free Member

This is happening on sunday:

Clicky

robbonzo
    Free Member

Hey Jimsmith, some of the best spots are as mentioned Steyning, Friston and Stamner.

Friston is a good shout as you can go up there and find most of the good singletrack. There is a bike shop at the edge of seven sisters country park(Friston) and they have maps. I usually go past the shop up the hill and you’ll see a layby on the left. Park here, and just through the woods is the top of the DH run.

Stamner is great, lots of windy singletrack. I would park at one of the top carparks, off ditchling road, and go left from here and your at the top of lots of singletrack routes. This is probably the best place if you don’t want to get lost as you cant really stray too far, and there aren’t any big drops or anything for your inexperienced mate.

Steyning is my local spot and there are some ace tracks down off the south downs, hard to find though.

hope this helps. There is plenty of riding in the south!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘riding spots around brighton area’ is closed to new replies.