Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Riding in Franconia
  • lemonysam
    Free Member

Hi,
    We’re off to the Frankenjura climbing this summer but would also like to do some riding whilst we’re there. My girlfriend’s still finding her feet on a bike so Ochsenkopf might be a bit much and there doesn’t seem to be that much info around on other areas/recommendations. We’re staying in Vorra, just north of Amberg. Anyone ride/ridden in that part of the country? Any suggestions for fun (ideally blue-red-ish) loops? Any harder stuff for me to seek out?

Cheers,
    Sam

alpin
    Free Member

amberg, the “A” in the Nazi ABC…. Amberg, Bamberg, Coburg. three towns with a history of allegiance to the hooked cross. i sepnt 8 months in Coburg. not in a rush to return. never been to Amberg, but i have been to Bamberg and that’s a nice place….

ok, enough waffle….

have a look on gps-tour.info for tracks. you can select “mountain bike” routes and the difficulty of the tours. i’d recommend a minimum of 2 technik stars. germans like their fire roads a little too much…

lemonysam
    Free Member

Alpin,
    Cheers for that, some good looking routes on there. Anyone else ridden in the area?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Riding in Franconia’ is closed to new replies.