• This topic has 29 replies, 26 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by aP.
Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • riding glasses?
  • tommy19
    Free Member

im quite liking the look of oakley radars, what do others use?

coatesy
    Free Member

M-frames here.

KevinPP
    Free Member

Bolle Spyders. Cheap as chips and don’t look like safety glasses.

M1llh0use
    Free Member

Got radar’s with clear vented lenses and dark ones as well. Brilliant.

The only slight grip I have is the top bar is a little thick and sometimes interferes with sight line when my head dips a little…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Bolles safety glasses High quality. optically perfect and UV as well as impact protected – and cheap enough it don’t matter if you break or lose them

Big-Pete
    Free Member

Rudy Project Rydon photochromic, best I have had, including oakley

Houns

Mumbos, m frames, pro m frames, radars, Radarlocks, half jackets, jawbones 8)

jonba
    Free Member

Bolle in various forms from ebay.

UV protection, strength, good lense, about £8

binners

On my second pair of bloc shifters. When I lost one pair, it was a no brainer to buy another pair to replace them . They’re great! I’ve a pair of Oakleys that I never wear!

TheFopster
    Free Member

Bolle contour. Brilliant. Under a tender delivered.

awh
    Free Member

7 yr old M-frames and a set of Radars that I bought in a sale for the day my M-frames eventually fail, although I’m now starting to think they may last another 7 yrs!

aP
    Free Member

I’m currently in the process of having my optician get quotes on lenses for a pair of Rudy Project Maya frames.
    I think it’ll be quite painfully, but my current Exception frames are 7 years old and getting a bit tired.

Hadge
    Free Member

I have a set of custom Jawbones with various lenses but honestly and truthfully the best glasses that perform the best are my Oakley Racing Jackets! They are the older type but it’s simple change lenses on them and they really are superb. They never mist up when riding due to the vents in the frames which is a massive plus point when night riding. And even when they mist slightly when you stop for a breather, they then clear immediately as soon as you start up. I see there’s a newer type available now so might have to check them out. The older ones aren’t exactly good for every day wear but for the purpose they were designed for they’re ace.

fontmoss
    Free Member

m frames but would love a set of the new radar lock photochromic

fairhurst
    Free Member

any kind of safety glasses are more than suffice for cycling.

aP
    Free Member

What about if you have -11.5 prescription?

fairhurst
    Free Member

Have the prescription sat behind the safety glasses thats what i do just a bit of selotape to hold them togeather.

neninja
    Free Member

Tifosi Dolomite Fototec – really good coverage to stop mud, etc getting in your eyes and don’t steam up that much.

RustySpanner
    zippykona

Yep safety specs all the way. When they get scratched you are more likely to replace than £100 Carlos Fandango glasses.

oddjob
    Free Member

Badge
    The new racing jackets are just jawbones. Oakley had to change the name because of copyright reasons (a Bluetooth headset maker I believe)
    I got some prescription transitions jawbones which are very good, but I think I may get some clear lenses too at some point or maybe some of the new cross link when they are available.

the_lecht_rocks

Adidas half rim pro. Was an Oakley man but the Adidas are so much better…..incredible definition…

tonyd

Rudy Projects with photo-wotsit lenses here. Very nice but only really use glasses for road riding to keep the flies out. MTB’ing I don’t go fast enough for flies to get stuck in my eyes and I’d rather blink mud out than have to stop every five minutes to clean them.

bigbloke
    Free Member

Bolle Contour ESP £7.50 approx off ebay brilliant glasses.

lunge

Oakley jawbones here. I know I’m a glasses snob but I like them

paddy0091
    Free Member

ordering soon

GlennG
    Free Member

Vented jawbones with photochromic lenses and a clear set of lenses for nite riding and dull days, in fact went to the Oakley second shop in Portsmouth this afternoon and picked up another pair with iridium lenses and spare clears for just over £70.

thegiantbiker
    Free Member

If I got a pair of Bolle sunglasses (the kings look good) could I take it to my optician and get them to fit a pair of lenses?

It looks like if I buy them with the lenses it’s £105 for the lenses… on £60 glasses.

tomhughes
    Free Member

Oakley photochromatic for me.
    Its well worth paying the extra 20-30 for photochromatic, good quality photochromatic react pretty fast and you really want that when your diving in and out of wooded areas.

aP
    Free Member

Depends what your prescription is, high base lenses can be difficult to glaze. I am effectively restricted to Rudy Project flip-up RX frames because all the rest have too great frame curvature. Although I do have a pair of one the highest prescription high base lenses that rupp+hubrach have made. Not a success unfortunately.
    However, once my optician gets the lens design figures back from Zeiss in the next week or so I shall hopefully be getting a pair of Rudy Project Maya frames with the clear photochromic lenses, and probably some racing red for predictable conditions. I dread to think what the price is going to be though. 😯

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘riding glasses?’ is closed to new replies.