Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Rides around Hebden Bridge
  • tubthumped
    Free Member

Morning all.
    I’ve recently moved to Peckett Well, Hebden Bridge.

I was confident that there would be plenty of riding around there, due to the landscape. Seeing gaggles of decent bikes around every weekend I’m pretty sure I’m not mistaken.

Could any of you offer any advice on routes around the area?

Cheers!
    Craig.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Do a search on here… Loads of options! Or go and see the guys in Blazing Saddles. They’ll point you in the right direction. I’m going to be starting riding every Sunday morning from hebden centre as well if you fancy it? Just a couple of hours before lunch…

TheSanityAssassin

Google for the route of the Calderdale MTB Marathon. It goes right through Peckett Well, out over Midgely Moor and beyond for around 26 miles. You’ll obviously finish up back home again as Pecketts is midway around the loop. I’m sure there’s plenty of other great riding round there, but it’ll be a good start and allow you to ‘get your bearings’ in a new area.

antares
    Free Member
    Simon

DBW I’ll be up for some of that in the new year.

darrenspink
    Free Member

If you get strava installed you should see plenty of segments and therefore rides. Also Mary townley loop is close..

http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/mtb/article/wtr_nw_mtb_mary_townley_loop

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

We’ll do it Simon. I’ve potentially going to have as many Sunday mornings free there was possible as the wife takes the kids for coffee and cake for an hour or two. So can do a quick ride, start a bigger ride and finish afternoon sometime or even just ride home to mine along the tops.

I’ll message you on facebook when I’ve got something planned 😉

tubthumped
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies!
    I’m going to get the roadie out in the next day or two and will nip into BS and have a chat. I’ll also look through the routes posted and familiarize myself with them and try and get out on the MTB and explore a bit.

If your riding Sundays in the new year I’d love to catch up and tag along if you don’t mind. Will need to get my legs back up to speed a bit first though. Not managed to touch the bike for a couple of months with house moves and job changes! Poor excuse really, but something had to give! lol

Dave
    Free Member

Fill yer boots

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

You’ve moved to the right place!

Hebden is many different things to different people when it comes to MTB.
    Some prefer the moor-top singletrack and others the valley side tech-fests. Plenty for both.
    The map is your best starting point. Just about every footpath around Hebden is worth an explore.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

9 posts in for a picture of OL21 to be posted. Someone must be slacking…

jamesr
    Free Member

I echo all of the above re MTB routes.
    For road, try riding over to Oxenhope then back to Hebden via Laneshaw Bridge, Trawden and Widdop Moor.
    The Long Causeway – between Blackshaw Head and Burnley – and Heights Road, straight from Pecket Well towards Midgley, are also recommended.
    There are plenty of traffic free lanes between Mytholmroyd and Ripponden too, if you’re short of time/energy.
    Enjoy.

rickt
    Free Member

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/riding-near-hebden-bridge

Theres loads of routes – OL21 (waterproof version), get that and get plotting some route – http://www.nationaltrail.co.uk/pennine-bridleway/leaflets

Take a look at the Mary Towneley Loop and try and create some segments to include it.

Dave
    Free Member

9 posts in for a picture of OL21 to be posted. Someone must be slacking…

:o)

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Day before NYE Dave, surely you must be just hitting F5 on the forum every few seconds and not have actual work to do??? 😉

shreck
    Free Member

I’m from tod loads of riding to do round here. I get out for a decent ride every other weekend so if you fancy a ride give us a shout todmorden109athotmaildotcodotuk.

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

Look south from your house. See that big monument sticking up on top of a distant hill? That’s Stoodley Pike. There’s a choice of routes up to it and down again. For starters, head up Horseholt Lane starting behind the Co Op in Hebden and keep going up until there is no more up. You can’t go wrong. Enjoy. And welcome to the neighbourhood. You’ll never leave. Mu ah ah ah!

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

Oh and give me a shout if you want me to show you a few gnarly bits in and around Hardcastle Crags, Heptonstall etc. And did you know the Tour De France will be going past your house in July? john dot mediasuite at g mail dot com

mcnultycop

Pecket Well A and B (as I was told they were called) were two nice trails I tried in Hebden along with The Blue Pig. I need to get back up there again and find some more.

rickt
    Free Member

Also… couple of names of places which are good to link up routes are :-

Gorple res
    Stodley Pike
    Hardcastle Craggs
    Hebden
    Widop res
    Blackstone edge
    Blackshaw head

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

Also look on OL21 for the Calder Aire Link trail which runs very close to you and is a lot of fun. Also Crag Quarry and Lee Quarry (not in Hebden but 30 min drive)

tubthumped
    Free Member

Thanks all for the replies once again. I’ll be sure to get in touch and hook up for a ride out. I’ll also pop down to BS and grab a map and pick their brains too.

chris_db
    Free Member

Don’t forget Ed Oxley is near you @greatrock

Chris

RustySpanner

Thanks mods. 🙂

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Rides around Hebden Bridge’ is closed to new replies.