Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Ride in the sun today
  • olddog

Muddy, cold but sunny. I am happy.

That’s all

righog
    Free Member

Nice one, Me Too 😀

muddyground
    Free Member

Jolly good here in Surrey. Still lots of water, still lots of mud but NO GREY SKIES AT ALL! What a lovely thing it is, to be out and about in the sun for once.

velomanic
    Free Member

Stayed on the tarmac today but it was great to be out in the sunshine – even if it was blowing a gale!

brooess
    Free Member

Sunny 50m+ road ride through Kent and Surrey here.
    First spring ride of the year 🙂

Zukemonster
    Free Member

Really soggy and muddy in Sussex but still great to be out under a blue sky!

gonetothehills
    Free Member

It made a nice change today – soaking wet under foot/tyre, but here’s the sky this morning. It’s blue!

drover
    Free Member

Yes it was a good day for a ride 🙂

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

Braved the bogs over holcombe. Was well worth it.

jet26
    Free Member

Chapel gate, Jacobs ladder loop in peak. Cracking ride and relatively dry. And sunny!

number18
    Free Member

I was going to start the same thread!

Perfect weather for riding, far too muddy here in Huddersfield. A few photos to come when I’ve looked up how to upload!

houndlegs
    Free Member

So, I’m the only one who got soaked to the skin and freezing poxy cold then 😥

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Happy weather

MoreCashThanDash

64 mile road ride here today, sun shone the whole time. 😀

Well, most of it was a road ride. A couple of sections* were through the River Trent. And eventually we reached a section where not only could we not see the white line in the middle of the road through the water but we couldn’t see where the tarmac resurfaced, so we turned round and went a different way.

*Between the John Thompson pub and Swarkestone Bridge

simondbarnes

114km in glorious sunshine this afternoon, almost felt spring like (if I ignored the strong wind). First ride in a week due to illness, was good to be out again 🙂

mashiehood
    Free Member

At home, lots of reasons why I couldn’t go out, really miserable / down today 🙁

hjghg5
    Free Member

2 hours on the road, a bit windy and cool in the shade/wind but nice to be out.

Northwind

Chilly wind and lots of standing water here (and a wee bit of snow) but yeah, blue sky! Sunshine! And a ride that doesn’t finish in the dark!

fenred
    Free Member

lots of standing water here

And down south too, it’s going to be around for a while yet! :-/
    SO good to see/feel some sun though!! 8)

simmy
    Free Member

39 mile road ride upto Preston Docks, had a puncture and realised I’d only one spare tube with me so fixed it and had to nip to Halfords to get another just in case.

Good to get some mileage under the belt and not just a quick 15 miler.

40mpg

Only 18 miles in 3 hours, but great fun slithering sideways for every one of those 18! My thighs are burning now 😀

Some lovely views across Salisbury from the ridges too.

Took bloody ages to get all the mud off the bike and my boots after!

postierich
    Free Member

Rode lots of cheeky around Ambleside as the bad weather kept the Red Sox away 🙂

1385055_10203364503382520_182459469_n by Richard Munro, on Flickr

number18
    Free Member

number18
    Free Member

number18
    Free Member

Houns

Windy/Sunny ride up Inners today. Very tough going after the Minch Moor climb short cut due to the snow. It wasn’t that deep, just for some reason very hard to keep the bike going in a straight line. Even the descent was bloody hard work.

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

Wet under tyre and foot,bit muddy and cold but sunny both Saturday and Sunday so felt had to go out both days 😀

TheSanityAssassin

Hmmmmmm, whereabouts is that then, Number 18?

We managed a tough 85 miles from Hudds to Selby and back this morning. Cruising at over 30 mph on several occasions on the way out – block headwind for 45 miles on the way back. Would have been an almost perfect February day for riding if the wind wasn’t blowing so strong.

number18
    Free Member

It’s between Kirkburton and New Mill, close to Stocksmoor and Thunderbridge.

You can ride across it and up the other side when it’s dry, no chance today!

_tom_
    Free Member

Lovely weather for a road ride this evening to shake off the dregs of my hangover 🙂

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Ride in the sun today’ is closed to new replies.