Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Revolution Bike Park – Any thoughts?
  • funkrodent

I spend a fair amount of time shuttling between Manchester and Shrewsbury and have often thought it would be nice to break the journey with a bit of a ride. Came across this place recently. Is it any good and how would an intermediate rider, with a short travel FS to boot, fare on what (on the face of it) seems to be a pretty challenging place? Any thoughts / input warmly received 🙂

theendisnigh
    Free Member

You’d probably struggle. I went a couple of years ago on a 120mm travel FS and found parts of it too difficult. It was very muddy/steep and I slid down a lot of it on my face. Only did a 3 runs before retiring. I’m going again soon on a DH bike and if its wet (its nearly always wet), then I will still struggle.

funkrodent

Sliding down things on my face has entered my repertoire recently as well 😀 Starting to appreciate the potential benefits of a full face helmet..

grum
    Free Member

I found it pretty tough, riding a 150mm Pitch with 160mm forks – I’m not an amazing rider but I’ve done the Megavalanche and ridden the WC course at Fort William etc – found Revolution probably the hardest thing I’ve done.

Steep (very), rooty, muddy, rutted, off camber – I enjoyed it, but it was definitely around the limit of what I would consider fun on a bike. Will probably go back at some point.

ton

i agree with grum…….. 😆

kayak23

It is blummin brilliant! But certainly not that easy in the top section if wet.

The top section is steep, rooty and slippery in the mud but fantastic fun. I went last year some time and they have developed it since then but yeah, brilliant tracks, nice people.

I was loving it aboard my 160mm Mega.
    😀

bigyim
    Free Member

Here is me at Revolution, agree its not an easy place to ride. I really struggled with the first few runs but once you get a few lines and confidence its a great place to ride. The guys who run it are brilliant and are constantly improving the track, I think they have recently dug a new line which looks good. Definitley need a full face helmet at minimum but I had a pressure suit and knee pads on
    here is a vid of a guy I ride with (he’s quicker than me)
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5voQDb1L6I[/video]

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Yeah, I guess it can be a little intimidating in places but nothing terrifying by any means. It rides well in the wet and dry and it is proper mountain biking territory in my opinion.

Definitely wear a full facer though.

funkrodent

Thanks guys, much appreciated and that vid is excellent, definitely want to go there sometime over the summer *starts researching 160mm bikes* 😀

Duane…
    Free Member

I liked it there, rode it on my 150mm Meta AM, but would be perfectly rideable on something shorter, or a hardtail. Few steep sections. And yep, guys who run it are good lads.

First half;

http://www.pinkbike.com/u/Laurence-CE/blog/Video-Stories-Episode-1-Duane-Walker.html

Not sure why everyone says definitely wear a full face. Sure, wear one if you want, wil obviously help with confidence, but it’s not exactly mandatory..

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

If you take the non-M6 route via M56, A55, A483 and A5 you’ll also find Llandegla very easy to visit.

Cheers

tutgareth
    Free Member

that place looks ace! 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Revolution Bike Park – Any thoughts?’ is closed to new replies.