Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • revision, has anyone ever found a way of making it interesting
  • mrmo
    Free Member

Have an OU exam in 5weeks, i really need to do some revision except, i hate revision. I don’t mind learning concepts, practicing on the first time through, it is just the revisiting the re-reading, i just find it mind numbingly tedious.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

I like to make up little tables of what would need to be in a perfect answer for any given question that I could be asked. Makes it slightly more thoughtful than simply learning stuff by rote and shows me how stuff links together.

molgrips
    Free Member

When I was doing my GCSEs I got fed up of writing out a lot of crud I already knew (after about 5 mins) so I wrote a program for my Oric that would let me type stuff out on screen and save it to tape. I persuaded my mum that it was helping.

Spent most of my time refining the program of course rather than revising.

TenMen
    Free Member

The answer is ‘no’, and you know the answer is ‘no’, and you’re just posting on here to avoid doing any revision. I recently had to spend 3 months revising for some professional exams, and it was horrendous and I hated every single second of it, but I passed and therefore have no sympathy whatsoever.

emsz
    Free Member

Just get on with it. 😀

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

You could try tea approach. I know it sounds daft, but I tried it at university and far outperformed my friends. Basically you burn the notes which you need to revise and make the ashes into a hot drink. Of course this is a risky approach, once burned you can’t reread them, so i borrowed notes from my friends and made the tea with those.

CaptJon
    Free Member

Ive always found the best way to understand and thus remember some this is to explain the stuff to someone else.

RealMan
    Free Member

Don’t bother with revision, then destroy the exam. Works for me, anyway.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘revision, has anyone ever found a way of making it interesting’ is closed to new replies.