Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Reverb wont stay up
  • extremenik
    Free Member

I have a 2011 reverb which I changed the the collar and bushings on about 5 weeks ago. Upgraded the barb at the same time. It has been used for about 7 rides since then and decided to bleed this week to make the return faster.

Worked a tweet and rode yesterday to find after a few miles it now wont lock. When you put weight on the seat it drops and goes to full extension without any weight on it.

Have just bleed it again and it is still the same, bleeding process as per Sram precedure.

Any ideas appreciated before I strip it down.

Nick

willber
    Free Member

possibly the internals in the lever are stuck – i assume the air pressure is correct? I’d start with these two (easier) if not it must be the valve in the seat post that locks to post in place

extremenik
    Free Member

It has lost no air pressure.

I’m at a loss and want to ride!!!!

willber
    Free Member

It can only really be the main valve in the seat post that is stuck – i guess a proper bleed of both the post and the lever might sort it, but failing that, its gonna have to be stripped back down to see if the valve is stuck open…..which it must be

Mal-ec
    Free Member

I had something similar sent it back to the German shop I got it from. They were ace (HiBike), warranty issue, so sent me a new post.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Reverb wont stay up’ is closed to new replies.