Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Reverb too tight a fit.
  • Rich
    Free Member

I’ve just bought a reverb for my ’09 Yeti 575, both 30.9, but the seatpost is too big for the hole!

It won’t even go in a few mil without force.

What do you suggest I do?

Edit: The post I’m removing is a 27.2 Thomson that was shimmed to fit with a USE shim, this worked perfectly.

cynic-al
    Free Member

send it back maybe?

Or turn it down in a lathe.

BearBack
    Free Member

tight because your collar split has closed up after years of use?

Cove reamed out their g-spot seat tubes to fit a dropper post.. so thats an option!

Aslo try a mates 30.9 post of any brand to see if you’re simply having an issue with +- tolerancing working against you.

seat post above tolerance, seat tube below tolerance and all of a suddent you’re into interference fit territory!

Rich
    Free Member

Thanks for replying.

I have pryed the collar split slightly and greased the post (not advised I know!) and it has slid in, albeit tighter than I would have liked which has probably scratched it (I was trying not to scratch it as won’t be able to return it then).

Well at least it has gone in now. 🙂

BearBack
    Free Member

not like you need to move it up and down ever from the qr though, so you’re all good.

enjoy the dropper.. it will change your ‘life’

althepal

Had no probs with the same size on my 09 575. The reverb just slotted in snugly.. Slightly tighter than the old Thomson post but still ok..
    It had always been a close fit though- putting the post in I could hear air leaking out the weld holes.,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Reverb too tight a fit.’ is closed to new replies.