Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Reverb or kronolog?
  • tommy19
    Free Member

I’m after my first dropper seat post but which one?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Never buy the 1st of a production run……..

Got my GF the reverb and it’s great, the Kronolog looks better for cable management but the top of the post looks big so it will sit a reasonable amount above the frame and it’s new – wait until they have fixed all the little niggles in run 2.

Northwind

Little niggles? Run 2? Quite the optimist :mrgreen:

OP- you would have to be absolutely mental to buy any untested dropper post, least of all a Crank Brothers one. Reverb’s a good product now, so are the KS i900 and i950 and the Gravity Dropper Turbo.

mboy
    Free Member

Hehehe

Sorry, just chuckling to myself, as I was (probably stupidly) a Beta tester for the KS i900 it would seem. Had one of the earliest ones, and it failed after about 8 rides. Stupidly I never sent it back to be warrantied, and have now discovered that its warranty has run out so I’ve got to pay to get it fixed if I want to!

Just picked up a modified and improved (by its previous owner) Maverick Speedball (which became the Crank Bros Joplin later) for a very reasonable sum of money, and it seems that several years of problems and fault fixing have finally paid off, as this is easily the best Maverick post I have ever tried! Think it helps its previous owner was an engineer by trade…

eviljoe
    Free Member

Mboy- I need my speedball sorting- who is this amazing engineer?

pussywillow
    Free Member

What mikewsmith says! And the reverb is now spot on! I’v never had a problem with it and it’s nearly a year old.

turbo1397
    Free Member

this is my dilemma. i was holding out for the kronolog or go for the spesh blacklite.. surely crank bros would have done there homework? 😕

gravity-slave
    Free Member

The kronolog uses a pair of jamming plates to lock the post at full extension.

I have worked with a similar mechanism extensively in design and production and I’m not convinced the seatpost is the right application.

Reverb is well proven now, 2012 ones seem to have ironed out the initial issues – as above, I’d let someone else do the field testing of the first revision.

The cable position is a decent improvement though – much better.

steviepcommencal
    Free Member

I have the specialized command post blacklite, absolutely love it and it appears to be really well made

turbo1397
    Free Member

yeh, would like the blacklite but cant find anywhere in uk that does a 31.6.. only US. 🙁

mboy
    Free Member

I bought this one listed here…

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-dropper-seatpost-309-cheap

Off “fivespot” from this forum… Can’t speak for him in terms of offering his skills to service other peoples, but this is easily the best Speedball I’ve ever felt/used in action, it’s way better than new even. Maybe he should offer his services, he could make himself a few quid!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Reverb or kronolog?’ is closed to new replies.