Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Reverb experts – advice needed, please
  • strike
    Free Member

During a ride this weekend, I noticed the following symptoms on my Reverb Stealth:

– post no longer drops with a smooth action, with high initial resistance
    – remote button not spring back all the way
    – post is sagging approx. 10mm

The post was working perfect last weekend and had a FULL service last April. Any ideas what’s going on and if only a couple of seals can be replaced instead of buying a full seal kit?

Northwind

Sagging’s simple enough, it means air’s got past the IFP. You don’t actually need to replace anything, to fix that, you can just service it (people will say it needs a new seal but the thing is, even a brand new seal can leak air past it in this way so it’s not a sign of a failed part, it’s just a sign of iffy design…)

The high resistance and lever issue I don’t know though. Personally I’d bleed it as a troubleshoot, just because it’s so quick, but I’m not saying it’s a bleed issue.

strike
    Free Member

Thanks – I’ll try a re-bleed and potentially a rebuild as well. I may see if I can source just the IFP seals/equivalents.

honourablegeorge

Is there a reliable serviec guide out there for the Stealth, NW?

SRAM videos seem to focus on the regular ones only, and whenever I’ve looked, the service kits available seem to be for externally routed posts only

Northwind

I used a SRAM video for mine, there’s definitely ones for stealths

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Reverb experts – advice needed, please’ is closed to new replies.