Reverb AXS – Any Good??

• This topic has 21 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by  v7fmp.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Reverb AXS – Any Good??
  • Premier Icon notmyrealname
    Subscriber

I’ve just finished building my Solaris Max with Eagle AXS and it’s bloody lovely.

Currently debating whether or not to go with the AXS dropper as well but it’s a not cheap and I’ve only read reviews of it when they were released.

Anyone using one and if so how’s it going?

Is reliability good with them?

Premier Icon timbog160
    Subscriber

Bloody good in use. Faultless reliability – not touched it since fitting in middle of last year I think it was. Having said that I have 2 bikes with the AXS gearing on but have only upgraded the post on one, but will prob upgrade the other as and when, but not in quite the same rush…

The other advantage of having both the dropper and gears is you’ve always got tow batteries if you get caught out – set your post slightly to a compromise and then swap the battery into the gears.

Been using mine for 7months now and its been faultless.

Premier Icon notmyrealname
    Subscriber

Sounds promising.

Don’t suppose either of you know how long the warranty is on them do you? I can’t seem to find that information anywhere.

Premier Icon timbog160
    Subscriber

Just checked the rather lovely packaging mine came in – 2 years..

Premier Icon ta11pau1
    Subscriber

I’m hoping for an update to the AXS reverb with a 200mm version soon.

I have 290mm between the seat collar and rails so can fit a huge drop post.

Waits patently…

Premier Icon tomhoward
    Subscriber

Another ‘brilliant’ from me. Extra brilliant when combined with the gears, as you then have a choice of which button to use for the operation. Have it on 2 bikes now, can’t see me buying a cable/hydro one again.

Hob Nob

Ran one for a while and it was great, but wanted a 200 drop and they currently don’t make one.

So on the OneUp V2, would rather have 210mm drop than wireless.

Although it is really good. Better than the Magura rubbish thing.

LD

Anyone know if you can operate AXS dropper from the AXS gear shifter? Would be nice to remove another bit of clutter.

Premier Icon ta11pau1
    Subscriber

Anyone know if you can operate AXS dropper from the AXS gear shifter? Would be nice to remove another bit of clutter.

Yes, and no.

Yes, you can swap the button actions between gear and reverb controllers.

No, you can’t control all 3 actions from a single controller as the shifter only has 2 buttons.

LD

Ah so the back button is the same actuation as the top rocker?

LD

Although just found this on SRAM US FAQ’s –
    Controller touchpoints are totally customizable to your preferences, allowing you to choose which paddle does what through the AXS™ app. Choose from three functions: Inboard shift. Outboard shift. Dropper. Yes, use one of the touchpoints to control your electronic Reverb AXS™ dropper seatpost.

DickBarton

Although it says that…you can’t…the top switch is a rocker on the drivetrain so operates same action as the top button.

You can’t separate them (unless there is a beta version of the app that somehow allows that).

As said above, you can change which button does what – so you could downshift and reverb on right hand but then you’d upshift on left hand. You can’t do all 3 on 1 controller, but you can mix and match what you want the 3 options to do.

Premier Icon ta11pau1
    Subscriber

Yeah, so with both the reverb and shifter controllers you have 3 buttons total (the shifter only has 2 buttons, the knuckle rocker is just an extension of one of the paddles) which you can reassign as you like, but you still need both controllers if you have both axs shifting and the dropper.

Unless they update the software to give multiple actions for a button (long press, short press, double click and so-on) you’re stuck with 2 controllers.

Premier Icon kayak23
    Subscriber

Not seen these before. Just looked up the price.

Think I’ll stick with my original external hose version for now. 😳

Premier Icon notmyrealname
    Subscriber

Well that’s me skint now…

New dropper on order 🙂

DickBarton

Long press already does multiple shifts, so you’d have to program that out…

Premier Icon chakaping
    Subscriber

I’ve got a Bikeyoke dropper on mine, it’s beautifully made and smooth as silk. Get one of them and burn a load of twenties instead?

Premier Icon ta11pau1
    Subscriber

But… but… cables. They’re soooo 2010’s, man. 😀

BIGMAN

Brilliant seat post, love mine.

Premier Icon stewartc
    Subscriber

Mines been faultless for the last 250km and I break everything.

v7fmp

Another massive thumbs up from me. Great bit of kit. obviously a big chunk more expensive than a ‘regular’ dropper, but worth it (in my opinion).

Shop around and you can get them as cheap as £450 (all relative)

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.