Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Reverb AXS – Any Good??
  • notmyrealname
    Free Member

I’ve just finished building my Solaris Max with Eagle AXS and it’s bloody lovely.

Currently debating whether or not to go with the AXS dropper as well but it’s a not cheap and I’ve only read reviews of it when they were released.

Anyone using one and if so how’s it going?

Is reliability good with them?

timbog160

Bloody good in use. Faultless reliability – not touched it since fitting in middle of last year I think it was. Having said that I have 2 bikes with the AXS gearing on but have only upgraded the post on one, but will prob upgrade the other as and when, but not in quite the same rush…

The other advantage of having both the dropper and gears is you’ve always got tow batteries if you get caught out – set your post slightly to a compromise and then swap the battery into the gears.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Been using mine for 7months now and its been faultless.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Sounds promising.

Don’t suppose either of you know how long the warranty is on them do you? I can’t seem to find that information anywhere.

timbog160

Just checked the rather lovely packaging mine came in – 2 years..

ta11pau1

I’m hoping for an update to the AXS reverb with a 200mm version soon.

I have 290mm between the seat collar and rails so can fit a huge drop post.

Waits patently…

tomhoward

Another ‘brilliant’ from me. Extra brilliant when combined with the gears, as you then have a choice of which button to use for the operation. Have it on 2 bikes now, can’t see me buying a cable/hydro one again.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Ran one for a while and it was great, but wanted a 200 drop and they currently don’t make one.

So on the OneUp V2, would rather have 210mm drop than wireless.

Although it is really good. Better than the Magura rubbish thing.

LD
    Free Member

Anyone know if you can operate AXS dropper from the AXS gear shifter? Would be nice to remove another bit of clutter.

ta11pau1

Anyone know if you can operate AXS dropper from the AXS gear shifter? Would be nice to remove another bit of clutter.

Yes, and no.

Yes, you can swap the button actions between gear and reverb controllers.

No, you can’t control all 3 actions from a single controller as the shifter only has 2 buttons.

LD
    Free Member

Ah so the back button is the same actuation as the top rocker?

LD
    Free Member

Although just found this on SRAM US FAQ’s –
    Controller touchpoints are totally customizable to your preferences, allowing you to choose which paddle does what through the AXS™ app. Choose from three functions: Inboard shift. Outboard shift. Dropper. Yes, use one of the touchpoints to control your electronic Reverb AXS™ dropper seatpost.

DickBarton

Although it says that…you can’t…the top switch is a rocker on the drivetrain so operates same action as the top button.

You can’t separate them (unless there is a beta version of the app that somehow allows that).

As said above, you can change which button does what – so you could downshift and reverb on right hand but then you’d upshift on left hand. You can’t do all 3 on 1 controller, but you can mix and match what you want the 3 options to do.

ta11pau1

Yeah, so with both the reverb and shifter controllers you have 3 buttons total (the shifter only has 2 buttons, the knuckle rocker is just an extension of one of the paddles) which you can reassign as you like, but you still need both controllers if you have both axs shifting and the dropper.

Unless they update the software to give multiple actions for a button (long press, short press, double click and so-on) you’re stuck with 2 controllers.

kayak23

Not seen these before. Just looked up the price.

Think I’ll stick with my original external hose version for now. 😳

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Well that’s me skint now…

New dropper on order 🙂

DickBarton

Long press already does multiple shifts, so you’d have to program that out…

chakaping
    Free Member

I’ve got a Bikeyoke dropper on mine, it’s beautifully made and smooth as silk. Get one of them and burn a load of twenties instead?

ta11pau1

But… but… cables. They’re soooo 2010’s, man. 😀

BIGMAN
    Free Member

Brilliant seat post, love mine.

stewartc
    Free Member

Mines been faultless for the last 250km and I break everything.

v7fmp

Another massive thumbs up from me. Great bit of kit. obviously a big chunk more expensive than a ‘regular’ dropper, but worth it (in my opinion).

Shop around and you can get them as cheap as £450 (all relative)

unsponsored
    Free Member

Anyone using one with a saddle with carbon rails. I have a Specialized Phenom pro with the carbon rails.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

i dont think they work with carbon rails from reading it somewhere and the fact a mates had to buy a non carbon one to fit it

ta11pau1

SRAM site says:

Compatible with 7mm round rails and 7x9mm oval rails.

Carbon rails should be fine, see no reason they wouldn’t be.

Anyone ‘in the know’ heard any rumours about an updated (i.e. 200mm) version coming anytime soon?

I’m not far off from being ready to buy one but really want a 200mm version.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

they dont work on fizik carbon rails, thats for sure

i also am awaiting/wanting the 200mm version and then for it to plummet in price

im on axs gears and its absolutlely outstanding,im also on a 200mm normal reverb and thats been outstanding (compared to last crap versions!),so if i can get the 200mm and reliability of the c1 version dropper and axs tech then im all in!

jimmy748

I did a 50 hour service on mine last week as i couple feel stiction if I wasn’t pushing straight down over the centre of the saddle, it’s actually a really simple procedure, the 3 brass key show a tiny bit of wear but I generously greased the keys and shaft and now its buttery smooth again.

RickDraper
    Free Member

Mine didn’t work with a Fizik carbon railed saddle. I tried but it just didn’t want to sit right.

ta11pau1

Thread resurrection – anyone in the industry able to give any hints as to when/if we’re ever likely to see an update/more drops added to the reverb AXS?

They’re currently £470 on R2-bike (542 euros) which is very tempting, especially considering I’m about to get a freshly serviced Fox transfer back, which I can sell for the best part of £200…

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

thread re-resurrection – as above, has anyone out there heard any details at all of the 200mm version?

im running a 210 one up along side sram axs gears, and im longing to match it, but i dont really want to head back to a 170mm post, im still tempted if there is no 200mm in sight but ideally would rather wait it out

also still no issues with them almost over a year’s use????

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

anyone update on the longevity of it?

tomhoward

No problems here.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

cheers! does it develop any side to side play?

v7fmp

mine has developed a small amount of sideways play. its a bit annoying. I haven’t looked into how it can be fixed tho.

otherwise, utterly flawless.

ta11pau1

That’s not an AXS thing though, that’s normal for all droppers. It’ll be the brass keys wearing slightly allowing a bit of rotational play. Replace those and you’re good.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

was gonna say most do, but some far worse than others – for most people beginning of this thread must be due a service around now as its now 9 months ago, so some play will happen by then im sure

just meant, not an absolute tonne of it to the point of distraction riding or noisy etc

iainc

recently got one and so far very impressed. Interested to hear how they fare in winter gloop though… ??

DickBarton

Mine is due a service, but the place I use can’t get the service kit as SRAM don’t have any available, still working flawlessly though so I’m (foolishly?) not too concerned.

I check every 2 months or so if a new firmware update is needed and apply it if there is one available.

Still waiting out for Garmin to get the Dropper ANT+ setting made available so I can see how often I’m playing with saddle height on a ride, but that probably won’t be available any time soon.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

is it self serviced then? assumed it would need a full strip down at a proper dealer etc, but guess the internals are just the same as any other reverb

speccyguy
    Free Member

The AXS dropper is a game changer for me to the point I’ve had to relearn how to time pressing the button and sitting/lifting. And then when I ride a hydraulic post it just doesn’t work any more!

That said I’d wait for v2 now. It’s a bit more rattly than I expected for this much use.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Reverb AXS – Any Good??’ is closed to new replies.