Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Revelation upgrade
  • neil853
    Free Member

I’m going to get a full service done on my revelation World Cup XX’s. I’ve never been over the moon with the damping in them. Compared to the blackbox RLTi’s of some of the lads they’ve always felt a little dead. So, I was thinking of either putting the new RCT3 cartridge in or even putting a coil kit in.

Was just wondering if anyone had done anything like that in there’s?

BadlyWiredDog

How do you mean ‘dead’? I stuck a Black Box compression damper in a Rev XX and it did improve it but not in a chalk and cheese. dramatic way. I also have an RCT3 damper to go in them, but right now it’s sat in a coil U-Turn Sektor, where it seems pretty damn good.

The nice thing about the RS forks is that mostly they’re quite modular with the odd oddness – coil Sektors have a top-out spring on the rebound damper stack for example – so you can swap dampers with relative ease, you need to watch oil levels though. If you do decide to go for the RCT3 gubbins, talk to the nice Loco man for a good deal on it.

neil853
    Free Member

They’re just not as active feeling as the blackbox forks. Seem a little more harsh compression wise. I’ve already had a quick word and it will be him that does it. Seems a top bloke, more than willing to support him as he gives advice on this forum for free, I like that.

BadlyWiredDog

I didn’t think there was a huge difference to be honest, but I didn’t want the remote anyway. The thing with the dual air Revs is that they seem quite sensitive to set up and, to a point, I think anyway, oil levels. I don’t have a coil v air answer btw, I like them both. I think I’m supposed to say that coils are plusher, but actually a well set-up air fork is still good and I kind of like the ramp up effect too.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Revelation upgrade’ is closed to new replies.