Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Retro 26"
  • Jeffus
    Free Member

Bought a new bike today and its retro old school ,,,it was a 26″ wheel, how will I cope 😀

fadda

Blimey – they’re rubbish! You’ll have no momentum to speak of, and you’ll stall at every blade of grass, surely? Don’t know what you were thinking!

(What is it, then…?!)

bearnecessities

26″ retro all the way (although that’s not what you meant really 😳 )

letmetalktomark

Come on then … what is it?

15 years old* and still going strong:

* Frame and seatclamp 😳

Jeffus
    Free Member

😀 It’s an Intense Tracer 2, just building it up….. tiny wheels 🙂

will post pics when its done 😀

thepodge
    Free Member

Got a 93 kona in the cellar, not sure if to give it a face lift for its 21st birthday or buy it some maguras

flap_jack
    Free Member

Holy cow, straight seatpost on that Pace. That must be HARSH !

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

It’s an Intense Tracer 2, just building it up….. tiny wheels

Uh oh, is it straight?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Holy cow, straight seatpost on that Pace. That must be HARSH !

Ehh?
    Why must it?

NormalMan

Tut tut tut…..a 26er………someone hasn’t been paying attention!

I jest somewhat having in the past year bought myself, my wife, plus my son and daughter new mtb’s and all are 26ers. I don’t care either!

It’s all bikes and bikes are cool. Enjoy. I look forward to the pics.

bearnecessities

Holy cow, straight seatpost on that Pace. That must be HARSH

Although I just blatantly took the opportunity to flash a pic of my new love, I have no idea what you’re talking about….and I’m not sure I’ve ever seen one with a layback!?

northernerindevon

bearnecessities – that, sir, is just really, really lovely. But for the love of (insert your preferred deiety here) lose the bottle cage, the minipump & the crud catcher – give it the clean lines it deserves. Also, what is flapjack on about?

coolhandluke
    Free Member

26″ bikes will be like vinyl and CD years back.

The big names and crap bikes will die or move on to the new fangled tech that’s supposedly better.

The small dedicated and really good brands will continue to supply 26″ stuff but it will become quite exotic, expensive but way way better.

We’re currently in the transition period. When it settles in a few years you may find the 650b section being compared to Minidisc, ie it was actually quite good but nobody bothered much with it.

I like my 26″ wheels!

asterix
    Free Member

seems like 29ers might have been the Windows Vista of the bike world, here comes Windows 7 (650b) probably only to be spoilt with Windows 8. How not to make friends and influence people’

flashes
    Free Member

As an excercise I rode my On One 26er round the Bikefest course last night. Not flat out but left me panting, 31 mins. I did the same lap last week on the Karate Monkey 29er 33 mins and 34 mins.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Only if you need to have the latest toys do 29″ and now 650b make sense. Otherwise Im quite happy sticking with my old fashioned 26″ wheels thanks. Besides im not prepared to bin my prefectly working and functioning bikes because fashion says so.

Now that PACE is lovely, but get rid of the mini pump please!

shermer75
    Free Member

Hey letmetalktomark, that Kona looks great! And wouldn’t be at out of place in a line up of modern bikes, either. Nice!!

letmetalktomark

shermer75 – Member

Hey letmetalktomark, that Kona looks great! And wouldn’t be at out of place in a line up of modern bikes, either. Nice!!

Why thank you squire 😳

bearnecessities

That Kona is lovely, my other love would be an explosif pro with the suntour kit 🙂

Quite a lot of anti-pump vibe?!

PJM1974
    Free Member

That Caldera is absolutely ace!

letmetalktomark

To no great surprise a tyre rethink is needed.

The NN 2.25 on the rear fits with minimal clearance.

Would be fine in permanently dry conditions but ….

That said on the Flow rims its like riding a magic floaty carpet …

nedrapier

Feeling the 26er love!

I rode this round Ashton Court a number of times at the weekend and bloody loved it. Gear was lovely for the odd stomp between berms, light, flickable, and direct. Some of the rocky steps got a bit boring with a dehydration headache in the middle of the afternoon, though!

Of course, it didn’t look anywhere near as good as this at the time. It had a pump on it. And a bottle, and a tube taped to the seatpost. And to really ruin the look, some gurning baldy monkeying around on top of it.

gonzy
    Free Member

nedrapier – i bet that vice must have weighed you down though…. 😛

Jeffus
    Free Member

Finally built up and ridden its awesome, rides well, 31.9lb 😀

wavejumper
    Free Member

Jeffus – It does look like you have a handlebar basket with some flowers in it in that pic 😉
    Seriously though – nice bike.

Jeffus
    Free Member

😀 matching Pansies

bearnecessities

It does look like you have a handlebar basket with some flowers in it in that pic

For such a hardcore looking bike, yes, it does look like you’re delivering pansies in Guildford 😀

althepal

^lol!^

Duffer
    Free Member

26″, you say? How quaint.

bearnecessities

26″, you say? How quaint

1/10 – too blatant 😀

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Retro 26"’ is closed to new replies.