Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Retraining
  • luke
    Free Member

Just found out that my office is relocating in just over a months time to the sunny Midlands, being on the South coast at the moment with family close by and the wife in work, moving isn’t really an option. I’ve been in the job just over a year and so won’t get any redundancy pay.
    At the moment I have a couple of A levels from years ago and thats about it behind me, with most of my career in call centres it’s time for a change.
    I fancy a complete change but at the moment I’m not sure what, so looking at various options.
    So if you had the chance to retrain what would you opt to do?

br
    Free Member

Before you pick something, check out how many jobs there are for folk with no experience in that field – and then check how many folk with experience there are chasing all the jobs in that field…

with most of my career in call centres it’s time for a change.

I’d just look pdq for a job in your field, as that is what all your colleagues will be doing right now.

And please DO NOT use the ‘c’ word.

luke
    Free Member

My call centre experience has been in a niche market with few competitors, and nothing else within 100 miles of where I live except from my previous employer who would have me back but I’m not prepared to go back. The other guys may move to sales jobs in call centres but not me, I haven’t worked in a call centre sales environment and don’t plan on doing so.

takisawa2

Me, if I could do it all again I’d be a Primary School Teacher.
    I’ve had a few jobs, trained as a bricklayer, various factory jobs before getting into Engineering & doing a degree. I love Engineering but I’d love to be a teacher. Kids are ace.

woody21
    Free Member

Have you thought about an Apprenticeship? You ought to look at : https://apprenticeshipvacancymatchingservice.lsc.gov.uk/navms/Forms/Candidate/VisitorLanding.aspx

Any age group can apply to be an apprentice

This will identify opportunities in your area. As an alternative have you thought about becoming an assessor for call centres / administration – your local fe college could help you with this

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Retraining’ is closed to new replies.