Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Restore Ipod Touch 4 Think I've tried the lot…..
  • crazant
    Free Member

Got given an Ipod Touch 4 by my cousin who said it was knackered…I did the reset thing and got it to show the charging screen, plugged it into the charger and it took about 8 hours to charge, all the while NOT showing the charge icon in the top right…

All fixed I assumed until I tried plugging it into Itunes ..nothing, not even being recognised by computer…

I got the passcode lock off my cousin and it worked fine but obviously had all his stuff on so I thought if i did a reset in settings it might work, it didn’t now it is stuck in recovery mode and wants me to connect to itunes…when i do it isn’t shown in itunes…

I have tried DFU mode , Recovery mode, a few of the jailbreak sites etc but nothing…I’ve tried it in 3 different computers and two different cables all which work with my other Iphone…

Any other ideas ? I’m determined to get the thing working…

Like i said it did work after i got the passcode but still wasn’t recognised by anything…now i just have the recovery mode connect to itunes screen when i turn it on…

Thanks
    Anthony

Cougar

Take it to Apple?

GrahamS

Silly one, but make sure the dock connector is clean. Quite easy to get a bit of fluff in there blocking one of the 30 pins, which means it can do some stuff (i.e. charge) but not others (identify itself to itunes).

Failing that, take it to Apple.

crazant
    Free Member

Tried the cleaning thing had it zapped with an air line….

Will it be silly money at Apple…never had to do that before…Don’t know if I’m really going to use it as I have a 4s on order but would like to sort it out if poss…

Cheers

GrahamS

Genius Bar is free: http://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar/

If it is fecked then they’ll offer you a rough cost for repair.

z1ppy

Will it be silly money at Apple

IIRC I was under the impression they have a set price, and just give you a recondition unit in exchange. Go ask, you can always say no…

Got given an Ipod Touch 4 by my cousin who said it was knackered…

Maybe your cousin gave it to you cos it’s knackered? Not a helpful comment but it sounds broke

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Restore Ipod Touch 4 Think I've tried the lot…..’ is closed to new replies.