Replica Tour Jerseys – yay or nay?

Home Forum Bike Forum Replica Tour Jerseys – yay or nay?

Viewing 18 posts - 121 through 138 (of 138 total)
  • Replica Tour Jerseys – yay or nay?
  • Premier Icon convert
    Subscriber

I don’t think folk should be wearing that Molteni stuff unless they are genuinely Italian though.

Or are partial to a portion of hot sausage…

hilldodger

rather liking this polka dot tribute

Premier Icon rOcKeTdOg
    Subscriber

I’d rather people were out on bikes wearing full world champion regalia/yellow jerseys/KOM tops/Lance replica kit/club jerseys/Strava strip/furry zebra onesies than sat on the sofa stuffing their faces with ice cream and developing obesity-related illnesses

Keep them on the sofa, makes the roads/trails quieter

Premier Icon singlespeedstu
    Subscriber

hora – Member
    This morning on my fasted-ride I wore an old Northface tech-tshirt and my ugly face.I don’t care.

You care so little that you posted about it on the internetz?

hora

I seek your approval for me to go against the flow

My favourite jerseys are a ben and jerries one and a marmite one. I’m not sponsored by either 🙁

This morning on my fasted-ride I wore an old Northface tech-tshirt and my ugly face

Please tell me you were wearing pant’s too.

*shudders*

atlaz

He’s the Director.. Paid by British cycling, Sky and associated sponsors.
    He’ll also ride in it as its free! Unlike the Canary Wharf banker shelling out the coins.

I take it you didn’t read what I was replying to. convert said his friend wouldn’t wear Rapha Sky kit as she knew the riders. I was pointing out that wearing team kit isn’t just the preserve of the riders or newbies.

Premier Icon singlespeedstu
    Subscriber

So you do care then. 😉

atlaz

BadlyWiredDog wrote:

I don’t think folk should be wearing that Molteni stuff unless they are genuinely Italian though.

Merckx is Italian??? That’ll be a scandal in Belgium (or at least confirm the dislike of him the Flemish have).

bikebouy

Velobici, take a look, smart racy/casual/bikey most in marino, some classy stuff over there.. (well IMO of course)

Solo

I’ll often ride off road in a Swedish footie league shirt

Meh ! I’ve cycled my bike, on and off road (same bike), wearing clothes which in no way are associated with the activity of cycling. Wearing jeans, T-Shirt and shoes. I know too that committing such a crime has reserved for me, a special place in hell.
    Doomed, I tell you.

willyboy

This is where its at

ChunkyMTB

No top for the summer, hoodie for the winter.

Premier Icon scandal42
    Subscriber

Rigger boots, Union Jack shorts and a decent crash helmet with food storage.

Premier Icon BadlyWiredDog
    Subscriber

Merckx is Italian??? That’ll be a scandal in Belgium (or at least confirm the dislike of him the Flemish have).

I think even the STW jersey etiquette Stasi could maybe make an exception for him – at least retrospectively – but clearly he’d have no business riding in it these days. Almost as poor form as Brailsford trying to pass himself off as a pro rider. Or people without an deep understanding of the intricate history and culture of road riding daring to ride a bike with drops on – how very dare they. If you’re not drenched in the very soul of cycling, you have no business riding a road bike… 😉

Premier Icon stevio
    Subscriber

Can’t wear Sky stuff (personally) on the roads over here (The Isle of Man..) as you are too likely to run into Peter Kennaugh on a bike. Wearing his. Apparently he’s been out in his new World Champs top over here too.

DT78

Well the black tdf and pink giro were waiting for me when i got in. Both look awesome…no where to hide those rolls of fat on the giro though!

Im expecting disapproving looks next ride 🙂

trevron73

I want one of them Pukka Pies jerseys – King of the pies ?? that or a Timothy Taylor one ? 😆

Viewing 18 posts - 121 through 138 (of 138 total)

The topic ‘Replica Tour Jerseys – yay or nay?’ is closed to new replies.