Replacing helmet ?

Home Forum Bike Forum Replacing helmet ?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Replacing helmet ?
  • PJM1974

The Spesh Decibel is ace – I killed one a few years back which was replaced with a 60% discount on their crash replacement programme.

Best to get it checked out and ask if Spesh will honour the crash replacement warranty.

cynic-al

The spectre of invisible damage…trust what you see fella.

jwmlee

The guidelines are: if you have been involved in a crash, replace the helmet (especially if it is a couple of years old).

cows_in_cars

I knocked my helmet/head on an over hanging branch, quite hard, a few years ago. There was no damage to the helmet that I could see but I emailed specilazed anyway just to ask, they said to send it back for a crash replacement. Better safe than sorry.

cynic-al

The guidelines are: if you have been involved in a crash, replace the helmet

Manufacturer in “encouraging purchase of its products” shocker!

Premier Icon RobinL
    Subscriber

I had a fall last night which left me little dazed for a few moments, my helmet ( Specialized Decibel ) must have taken a knock. There didn’t seem to be any damage to it but I’ll take a better look later today.

If there are no obvious marks or cracks on the helmet – should I replace it just to be sure ?

It’s a few years old but it’s been treated well – till last night 🙂

muddyman

synic al either wear no helmet or heed advice of heed-gear (see what i did there ? ) manufacturer ! sorry just fancied a friday lunch time pun realy 😳

cynic-al

“heid-gear”? 😀

muddyman

depends what part of country your from . . . . . probably !?

Premier Icon jambalaya
    Subscriber

jwmlee – Member
    The guidelines are: if you have been involved in a crash, replace the helmet (especially if it is a couple of years old).

I’d need more than one helmet a ride then.

Premier Icon njee20
    Subscriber

The Decibel is a pretty old lid now, I’d replace it.

2Ds are fantastic, IMO better than the Prevail (I use both).

Premier Icon ricardo666
    Subscriber

Old helmets make great plant pots around the garden 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Replacing helmet ?’ is closed to new replies.