Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • replacing fox stanchions
  • ndthornton
    Free Member

It looks like laziness is going to cost me dear. I left it late (2 year’s to be presise :-S) to service my forks and the stanchions are showing signs of wear. So I was wondering what my options we’re for new uppers. They are fox f120 RL 2010 year I think- they have the upside down FIT. I was thinking if I had to replace I might go for th kashima ones, that way I could tell myself I was upgrading rather than nearly replacing parts that have become damaged through my own laziness and that this would feel less like flushing money down the toilet.

So my questions are………..
    1; are F series stanchions the same as float 32 stanchions?
    2; if not where do you get them and can you even get them in kashima
    3; where is the cheapest place to buy them from
    4; what are the best brand of seal to buy to increase service intervals

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Is there a performance issue currently? If not I’d be tempted to carry on until there is. Maybe do a seal change & lower service but keep going. You will need the crown steerer unit not sure on compatibility but a quick mail to tf/mojo/loco will answer that.

ndthornton
    Free Member

Yeah performance just dropped off a cliff after a really wet ride which is when I noticed the wear, I’m def not riding them again until iv at least changed the seals and oil and I just hope I haven’t worn out the bushes too. I haven’t checked for play yet!

Your right though, the wear isn’t catastrophic and I could just service em and carry on. Just want to know what options I have in terms of stanchion compatibility and if there is anywhere cheaper than moJo to source parts

mikewsmith
    Free Member

All the parts will come through mojo as the importer unless you find some spares on eBay etc. Mark up and margin will vary though tf have an online shop & quote system if you try them

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘replacing fox stanchions’ is closed to new replies.