Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Replacement RS pike seals
  • matther01
    Free Member

I’ve got a set of 2015 pikes and heard the 2016 have skf seals.

Does anyone know if the replacement seal kits are all skf now or have upgraded theirs with a RS kit?

I could just buy the green skf kit I suppose but makes more sense to stick with rockshock black ones.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

RickDraper
    Free Member

Don’t believe RS have changed part numbers so its hit and miss as to if you get new SKF wiper seals or not.

The green SKF seals have a lip IIRC so they don’t sit flush like the standard rock shox ones.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

The green SKF seals have a lip IIRC so they don’t sit flush like the standard rock shox ones.

The two sets I fitted today didn’t have a lip & fitted completely flush.
    I’d personally rather use genuine seals, but they’re on backorder at Fishers, so little choice.
    It’s also only the dust seals with the SKF & not the full kit, so you can’t strip the charger damper etc & do a full service.

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

Spoke to TF about pike seals a few days ago, they said they have found the new 2016 SKF seals sticky and are using low friction racing bros so something like that when they do a service.
    I’ve been told the green low friction ones don’t fit as above said.

RickDraper
    Free Member

The two sets I fitted today didn’t have a lip & fitted completely flush.

They must have updated them then as all the ones I have fitted in the past had a lip. Like the racing bros ones do too.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Replacement RS pike seals’ is closed to new replies.