Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Repeated partial shoulder dislocation – advice?
  • core

So, I’ve posted about this before, but it hasn’t been an issue for a while, and I haven’t done anything about it.

However, it is now an issue, I’ve taken a few tumbles off the bike lately, nothing horrendous, but my left shoulder commonly seems to be really painful for a few minutes, and to me feels like it has almost dislocated, but popped back in on its own. Both shoulders have done this, though neither have ever actually fully dislocated. I did used to play rugby a bit, but only a bit. I do actually sometimes feel they could pop out just if I’m trying to do something with my arm outstretched above my head if it’s a bit awkward.

I’m wondering if working on strengthening the muscles around them would help? Or, if I need to go see the doc?

kormoran
    Free Member

Similar problems here over the years after full dislocations on both shoulders. I went to a sports physio who showed me some exercises to strengthen the shoulders with a theraband and I took it from there. It worked really well and solved the problem. I am still wary of shoulder popping scenarios though.

I imagine you could work out which way you need to work your muscles but IME the physio was well worth the time

jimbobo
    Free Member

yup, got to the point where leaning forward i could feel it slipping. The ammount of damamge inside was insane, ended up with an 8 point labral repair and a re-attached bicep as tha was about to go too!

Get the surgery booked!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Repeated partial shoulder dislocation – advice?’ is closed to new replies.