Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Repeat "for sale" posters.
  • monksie
    Free Member

It’s not the price of the item that is the issue, it’s the repeated offering of the item(s) for over a year! The same shit item. More than one year. Mental.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

I sometimes wonder if it would be better if the thread originator could bump it ocassionally (weekly?) rather than having to repost.

I work away so I’m not always in a good position to send stuff. It might be a month or two between adverts but when I’m tripping over things i will repost a lot more often to try and shift it.

If my prices were too high I’d expect people to comment rather than just rolling their eyes. It save having so many “what is x worth” threads.

lazy linkers to ads on Pinkbike

It’s an easy way to double your exposure and get your photos hoisted, although the STW ad should at least contain as much content as the ad on PB. On the other hand 200 people will want to swap a BMX/PS2/Mars bar for your pride and joy.

Jamie
    Free Member

If my prices were too high I’d expect people to comment

We’re not allowed.

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

If my prices were too high I’d expect people to comment

We’re not allowed.

See there’s a Dialled PA frame, and the guy’s asking £10 more + postage, than Mike was selling them off new for. Would I have been out of line in pointing this out, and making a low offer? Or would that have been seen to be “spiking”the ad?

njee20
    Free Member

It’s an easy way to double your exposure and get your photos hoisted,

No problem with placing ads all over, but FFS save the text (including formatting), paste here/PB/BikeRadar whatever.

Drac

Include the whole ad in your post. Don’t just lazily put a link to your ad on another website – include all the details in your post. Links to ads on other websites (with the exception of eBay ads that conform to our eBay ad rule) will be deleted.

😀

chakaping
    Free Member

We’re not allowed.

If you’re interested in buying something then you are certainly allowed to point out unrealistic pricing and suggest a more reasonable amount.

njee20
    Free Member

Well yes, but that’s a fine line, that’s a recent change because people were spoiling threads by just posting to say “that’s only £20 cheaper than x”. Which is pretty off.

Jamie
    Free Member

If you’re interested in buying something then you are certainly allowed to point out unrealistic pricing and suggest a more reasonable amount.

Maybe I misunderstood the new rules.

Not that it affects me, I just send all my derisory offers via email. 8)

chakaping
    Free Member

Well yes, but that’s a fine line, that’s a recent change because people were spoiling threads by just posting to say “that’s only £20 cheaper than x”. Which is pretty off.

There were a few over-enthusiastic price vigilantes who didn’t always understand the subtle differences that make some MTB kit worth more, better damping in forks etc.

But I think the classifieds have become such a buyers’ market that chancers are finding it harder to shift overpriced stuff anyway.

I haven’t had your derisory offers on my current batch of overpriced tat Jamie, is your email working?

wordnumb
    Free Member

If a classifieds-only poster advertises an item without pictures, using bad spelling and grammar and excessive capitalisation, should I trust his free Haribo to be legit?

Drac

Yup that’s how it works.

Posting something like.

“I can get it cheap lol lol lol”

Isn’t Ok.

craig5

Forget posting for sale in the classifieds. If I want to shift something I check the wanted section. How about finding a buyer? It’s when you offer the exact item requested and get dicked about for it that pisses me off. Tried to sell some mallet 3’s as new, boxed. And was offered some tatty XT As a swap. I don’t clip in! That’s why I’m selling the mallets. Why would I swap them or a tatty second hand pair of pedals I can buy new for £10 cheaper than I’m selling mine for? Same with a pair of old school pikes, VCG £100 posted. Sold both on eBay no hassle and I got more than I was asking on here, and that was not a lot to people who were asking for these items? STW classifieds wast of time IMO. Never got a thanks for the X9 jockey bolt I posted out to some random for free either. I live in hope.

pictonroad

I’ve spotted a new favourite.

stevied
    Free Member

I’ve spotted a new favourite.

Not as Cotic is it?

weeksy

lol the green M ?

40mpg

Its not my inbred is it? Been trying to sell it for months. Although you could probably buy a new one cheaper 😉

loddrik
    Free Member

My all time favorite for sale thread…

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-ot-lots-of-clothes-6

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Repeat "for sale" posters.’ is closed to new replies.