Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)
  • Repeat "for sale" posters.
  • Wally

Well, I am impressed by people’s patience.
    Certainly got me licked on that front.
    Some get to the point they make me chuckle, certainly after 2 months and 15+ postings.

sc-xc

The king of this was pedalthread. About a million attempts at selling an inbred.

brooess
    Free Member

Some stuff takes a while to sell… but it does in the end.
    There’s a lot goes on there so if you don’t re=post regularly, you’re not on the first page or two

Stevelol
    Free Member

I wish I could find some second hand race face cranks for nearly new price.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I am after some second hand brakes for about £20 less than the new price…can anyone help?

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

How about the guy who wanted £90 for £100 worth of Argos vouchers :mrgreen:

jimw
    Free Member

Sometimes the poster doesn’t check posts very well and still repeats errors-like the hope brakes with 80mm front hose that was posted about 6 times a few months ago.
    Edit: I should say that I make typos as often as the next person, but a cut and paste advert done after I pointed it out to them with the aim of helping clarify situation was a bit unfortunate

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

There was someone on here recently, selling ‘brand new’ brakes, His reasoning was that they had never been used. They were 4 years old.

tang
    Free Member

What about the guy with the shoes and leather jacket? Months and months!

thomthumb
    Free Member

Is the silent clutch hub still for sale?

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

I just bumped a couple of my own ‘cos of this thread…to lazy to put any real effort in though.

prawny

Will someone buy my kneepads so I don’t have to post hem again? Cheers 😉

Simon

monkeyfudger – Member
    I just bumped a couple of my own ‘cos of this thread…to lazy to put any real effort in though.

Are you serious??

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Yep, wanna buy some brakes? 😛

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I’m up for some second hand Pikes that are more expensive than you can get them for from European sites, can (loads of sellers) help?

Simon

You can’t bump classified posts…..

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Haha bugger! Silly forum, oh well.

Junkyard
    Free Member

its more tempting than the wheel offer 😉

monksie
    Free Member

What about the near omnipresent panaracer rampage, road gloves and cinelli road stem ad? Cleverly disguised previously with a different title and the inclusion of some shorts and one (single, not a pair) pedal.
    God loves a try’er.

brooess
    Free Member

What about the near omnipresent panaracer rampage, road gloves and cinelli road stem ad? Cleverly disguised previously with a different title and the inclusion of some shorts and one (single, not a pair) pedal.
    God loves a try’er.

The shorts and pedal got sold, thanks. Like I said, some stuff takes a while to sell + I’d rather re-post on STW twice a week than throw away stuff that’s perfectly serviceable.

If you want me to stop re-posting, why not buy it from me? 🙂

monksie
    Free Member

“Takes a while”? Christonabike man! Don’t you get bored? You do it for months!
    Other avenues for selling your shit items are available. Nobody wants the crap them. Ebay the junk. Please!
    Hahaha! You complete mentalist! You’ve been been punting those tyres for over 12 months, 🙂
    “Takes a while to sell” :-). Mint!

Northwind

I’m happy to take ages to sell things, trying to sell in a hurry often means accepting a lower price after all. Took me months to sell my 224 but I got exactly what I was after for it…

Also,

Speeder

Simon – Member
    You can’t bump classified posts…..

I think the point is that there are some people with unrealistic pricing who repost on a virtually daily basis without any reduction in price or (in the case of the crap leather jacket and ugly but ludicrously priced 2nd hand shoes) thinking there may be a better place to advertise them. (Oxfam in that particular case)

takisawa2

The ones who go to the trouble of crossing out sold items.
    Why not just delete them from the ad when you post the ad again…
    Strange.

mattsccm
    Free Member

You can’t bump classified’s.
    That explains so much. Years of wondering why ads that I had up dated hadn’t moved and why updated ads were below others less viewed.
    I suppose that re-posters do it to keep near the top. I would once it dropped off the first page.

Jamie
    Free Member
    Junkyard
    Free Member

amazing how they stayed brand new throughout the year 😉

boxelder

Why complain about what people post anyway?
    Just don’t read it.
    I mean, if there’s good reasons why stuff shouldn’t be posted/reposted then fine, but let’s have the reasons. Surely Grumpy Mark would have waded in if there was.
    Live and let live.
    Do some folk have to read everything written on here……..what a thought.

wwaswas

I’ve got stuff I’ve been making vague effort to sell for a long time.

Post it up every now and again when I remember or trip over it in the garage.

Problem is I have a price where I think ‘well I might as well keep it for that’ and sometimes that seems higher than people are prepared to pay at any given time.

I’m due another clear out, actually, so this thread has prompted me to do something later today – expect an FS ad with repeat items and slightly lower prices than last time it was on there 🙂

30.9 Joplin 4 seatpost for £60 anyone?

brooess
    Free Member

Did the Asics ever sell?

Yes, thanks

Monksie – you might have noticed the fees on Ebay take up a chunk of your revenue, which when you’re selling stuff for a tenner means you might as well chuck your stuff and save yourself the hassle.

You don’t have to read my for sale posts if you don’t want to

Moses

That reminds me, time to put the Kaffenback frame back on.
    And the other stuff.

This is dead right:

[/quote]I’ve got stuff I’ve been making vague effort to sell for a long time.

Post it up every now and again when I remember or trip over it in the garage.

Problem is I have a price where I think ‘well I might as well keep it for that’ and sometimes that seems higher than people are prepared to pay at any given time.

binners

I miss the well-used Race Face cranks for about a tenner less than the new price. I was really tempted. Every one of the 9,752 times they were posted 😥

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Why complain about what people post anyway?

Do some folk have to read everything written on here

no but they have to wade through loads of repetition to get to anything interesting or new.

robdob
    Free Member

I’ve had the opposite problem – Salsa forks I posted up and sold a long time ago – must have had 8 emails since over the last few months to buy them!

monksie
    Free Member

But you’re not selling stuff for a tenner though are you…….nobody’s buying the tat!
    If you could put an early warning notice up before your ad, that would help because it’s almost the exact same title of the same tat week in week out for months moving into a year which makes seeing the same shit unavoidable.
    Much like just about everybody else, I’m not reading past the title.
    If nobody wants it for next to nothing, give it away.
    I’m actually enjoying this more than I’d like to. It’s like bullying so I’m out from this point.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Other side is the lazy linkers to ads on Pinkbike…..
    Or “classified only” posters… Like one who’s latest post is the first in around 3yrs for several VERY high value bikes…..

Jamie
    Free Member

I saw that. Might be legit….but…well…y’know.

njee20
    Free Member

Someone will buy them using PPG.

Monksie – you might have noticed the fees on Ebay take up a chunk of your revenue, which when you’re selling stuff for a tenner means you might as well chuck your stuff and save yourself the hassle.

IME you get significantly more through eBay though, and what hassle? No one asking for pictures, no need to host photos elsewhere, no monitoring of emails, no one saying “dibs”, then changing their mind. eBay is a far far easier place to sell your shit unwanted goods IMO. Take photo on phone, open app, write description, upload photo. Done.

chambord
    Free Member

Like one who’s latest post is the first in around 3yrs for several VERY high value bikes

I noticed that as well – putting “NO TIME WASTERS” at the end of an ad is a bit of a turn off if I’m parting with £3000

Yak

Everytime I see this thread, it reminds me to re-post. Stuff’s not going to get sold on page 5!.

The tat thing is not a problem imo. Folk buy stuff for hacks or commuters so if you can get a bar or a stem for a fiver, then why not?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Repeat "for sale" posters.’ is closed to new replies.