Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Renting Vs Interest Only Mortgage
  • TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Everybody’s extending these days, helps shrink the market below it and keep the prices up everywhere.

I blame stamp duty – it would be more sensible if people could right size to the house they needed, up or down, without a huge financial penalty.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Agree turner guy

That was a huge incentive for me to punch above my weight last year – no stamp duty as we completed before it was reinstated. Tried to find somewhere i could afford but wouldnt need to move out for a fair while and had room to extend…..

Bonus was cooncil tax is only band c….. And cant be changed till the next owner 🙂

Marin
    Free Member

Why do you need a 4 bed house? If your wife won’t sleep with you you’re onto a lost cause. Buy small and affordable a lot changes in 5 years but probably not the amount of money you will owe.

johndoh
    Free Member

only now (at 45) am I about to get that 4 bed with a garage and nice garden.

Me too! I’m seriously excited about:
    A. Having a garden I can do stuff with
    B. having a room of my own for a study
    C. Having a building I can keep all my bikes and kit in
    D. Having a bedroom where I don’t have to turn sideways to get past the bed
    E. Having actual storage space
    And many more

Exactly! I am also looking forward to petrol mowers, room away from kiddie junk, chest freezer, storage.

And storage.

Edukator
    Free Member

You’ll shortly realise you’re a slave to your stuff and spend so much time looking after it all there’s no time left to do all the things you used to enjoy before you became a man of property.

footflaps

I blame stamp duty – it would be more sensible if people could right size to the house they needed, up or down, without a huge financial penalty.

+1, makes no sense to move when I can (almost) get an attic conversion done for the same cost as stamp duty….

glupton1976
    Free Member

someone would be happy to rent me a property again if I walked away at the end, no?

Not a snow flake’s chance in hell.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Renting Vs Interest Only Mortgage’ is closed to new replies.