Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Rent for 8 Days in Aberdeen / Dyce
  • anez247
    Free Member

Hey guys.

Please anyone know or have a place I can rent for 8 days in Aberdeen, I have a Training from the 4th of June till the 12th.( 9am – 5pm daily)

Please any info will be much appreciated…my budget is 150quid

chiefinspector
    Free Member

You will be lucky to get anywhere in Aberdeen for 8 days for £150. Weekday accomodation costs in Aberdeen are sky high due the oil & gas industry and everywhere bumps up their prices due to this.

For that cost you would be as well bying a tent and staying at a campsite.

anez247
    Free Member

I was thinking on a private rent on that price. I would be doomed if I dont find

trail_rat
    Free Member

Put an add on gumtree for room withyour dates

In aberdeen even a crap room in a hotel or bnb can be 50 quid a night easy

anez247
    Free Member

I did that this morning on gumtree Trail, I saw some cheap places as well on gumtree, but none of them are picking up their phones nor replying my sms.

MS
    Free Member

Most reasobale hotels are fully booked or charging about £100-150 a night in aberdeen itself. An option may be to rent something in the likes of stonehaven / portlethen / inverurie and get the train / drive to Dyce (presume that is where your training is?)

Gumtree is worth a shout as well.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Probably working . Might get a reply later

Be careful about sending money. Try and insist on cash on arrival. Lotta scammers

anez247
    Free Member

MS,yes my training is in Dyce

Thx Trail, I suspect as well..

anez247
    Free Member

Hey Fellas, Seems as if this forum works wonders, I’ve sorted myself out with the accomodation, on budget too.

Wish I could be this lucky too with my Quest for a job in the Oil & Gas Industry. 🙂

toys19
    Free Member

be wary of anyone asking for western union or any other rubbish. When i moved up about 20 people replied to my ad that soon transpired to be wanting “deposits” via western union.

falkirk-mark

be wary of anyone asking for western union or any other rubbish. When i moved up about 20 people replied to my ad that soon transpired to be wanting “deposits” via western union

Either that or they have a gimp mask waiting for you, mind and leave us an address and a time you will reply to this thread in case you go missing (so some of the locals can find you) 😆

anez247
    Free Member

No western union stories yet, Nice Idea though with the address, will be putting them up when I arrive 🙂

bruneep

what area of aberdeen is it?

trail_rat
    Free Member

You worried the wifes renting your room out ???

bruneep

hoping she is 😉

anez247
    Free Member

Hey Bruneep, its in Ferryhill I think, hope to see you over a Pint.

@ Trail, Lol mate, when will u be back from your journey? hope to see you in Aberdeen.

anez247
    Free Member

Just got a problem with my accommodation arrangement, Anybody got a rentable accommodation for just tomorrow night.

I know its pretty much last minute but no Hotel no B&B is available, my last resort would be to sleep in the Airport 🙁

anez247
    Free Member

Is Aberdeen that small that Hotels are such a big deal to get?

trail_rat
    Free Member

Not small – just busy

I i was home id offer the spare room for a night but im writing this from a midair on a plane over north africa – if only all planes were like this.

anez247
    Free Member

Thx trail, stay safe there Mate

anez247
    Free Member

Since nothing has changed, Am thinking of renting a car and sleeping inside it for the night. I dont see any other solution for me here

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Rent for 8 Days in Aberdeen / Dyce’ is closed to new replies.