Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Refreshments stops Strines?
  • SteveBbrain
    Free Member

Doing a much needed training ride with my son tomorrow to get some endurance for upcoming C to C. Going Wakey, Cawthorne, Penistone, Langsett, Strines, Bradfield and back. With this warm weather I think plenty of drinks will be needed, are there any caffs after Penistone way? or will we have to rely on shops to top up?
    Steve.

alanf
    Free Member

There’s a cafe at Langset barn, before you go over the Strines road.
    There’s shops in lower Bradfield too to get supplies

rob-jackson
    Free Member

strines pub

jimc101
    Free Member

Steve, have used these on club runs

Anglers Country Park, Wintersett (near Wakey)
    Cannon Hall (near Cawthorne)
    Windmill Nursary (above Penistone, on the road with the wind turbines)
    various options in Penistone inc cafes, fish & chips etc
    Bank View Cafe – Langsett

SteveBbrain
    Free Member

Cheers guys, I think a caff stop at Langsett is in order then top up at Bradfield as suggested. May stop at Anglers if flagging towards end – Ta.

Jim – if you are free at all through the week I’d be up for a little road ride :-). Can’t do this coming wed. though as blowing my big trumpet at Skeggy 😯 .
    Steve.

antigee

top up at Bradfield

I might be bit out of date as moved away a year ago, but will be back for the TDF! – the main source of supplies – The Post Office also has a couple of tables outside and does sandwiches and hot drinks but not huge cals to get you home

There is also a deli café at the old schoolrooms which opened a couple of years back which some people like
    http://www.theschoolrooms.co.uk/cafe/4549366682

my vote would be Langsett or wait a year and hope for a neutral support vehicle

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Thought this was going to be about Richie Porte’s calorie intake.

SteveBbrain
    Free Member

I will be back next year, will ask again in a few months for best places to view 🙂 As for tomorrows ride I’ll make sure my lieutenant (son) carries plenty of emergency rations and try and keep him in sight.

antigee

CaptainFlashheart – Member

personally I’ve always found the Old Horns in Bradfield to be worth a 20 second minute penalty

annebr
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member

That or tea time at the Ashes 🙂

SteveBbrain
    Free Member

Well, got to cafe at Langsett before it opened, didn’t need anything there as it happens as lucky with weather, nowhere near as hot today. In fact we managed as far as Penistone on return journey.
    Went as far as Bradfield then back via Bolderstone (tough climb), Midhopestones etc.
    Stuffed our faces at Penistone (Greggs) and topped bottles up. Excellent ride, was feeling it a bit last few miles.
    Steve.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Refreshments stops Strines?’ is closed to new replies.