Redbull Hardline – mental downhill!

Home Forum Bike Forum Redbull Hardline – mental downhill!

Viewing 45 posts - 1 through 45 (of 51 total)
  • Redbull Hardline – mental downhill!
  • lemonysam

That has some real *sharp intake of breath* moments. Awesome!

Premier Icon ton
    Subscriber

hats off to anyone who can blat down something like that.

Premier Icon hatter
    Subscriber

Wow, proper twitchy bum time there, fair play, looking forward to seeing the full edit.

warpcow

There’s a distinct lack of swearing and screaming on those GoPro runs.

β€œOnly a few riders were invited and I was ecstatic to be one of those! The course was incredible, scary and difficult; usually tracks have average sections linking up the jumps, but Dan did an amazing job of making the sections link together seamlessly and scaring the living daylights out of us!”

says Danny Hart, the man who did this a few years back:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfMQdFGTKAs[/video]

Burchy1

full film here – Linky

EDIT – Sorry already in the OP

scruff

Brilliant, shows just what they can do away from the UCI ‘bland for a pro’ tracks.

Dave Pearce even sent his best uplift Landy πŸ˜€

Gotama

No Sam Hill? Thought this would have been right up his street.

scruff

Looks to be invites from Redbull, so not many Monster stickers on helmets. Would be great for a future after season mini-series.

Premier Icon kayak23
    Subscriber

Can’t believe that’s in Wales really. Seems mega long.
    Looks great, and looking forward to the footage.

Premier Icon wwaswas
    Subscriber

It’s ok, I did some nervous squeaks and a bit of muttered swearing on his behalf whilst watching it.

cakefest

where in Wales is that?

Premier Icon Notter
    Subscriber

Sheeeeeeeeeeet………

Rorschach

Dyfi (Dan lives there now)

MTB Rob

Hardline more like Insaneline.

Premier Icon mattjg
    Subscriber

What are the “UCI restrictions” they are talking about?

That’s what a dh race track should look like!!

emsz

😯

‘kin hell. No way in a million years

Premier Icon roverpig
    Subscriber

Much as I admire their courage I wonder whether that does anything to widen the appeal of mountain biking to the general public. Even I tend to look at it and think “that’s just stupid” and I imagine a lot of folk would just view it as Darwinism in action. Fair play to them though, they seemed to be having fun.

Premier Icon mattjg
    Subscriber

Much as I admire their courage I wonder whether that does anything to widen the appeal of mountain biking to the general public.

I doubt it does, but that’s not the aim. The aim is to sell more cans of RedBull.

Premier Icon jameso
    Subscriber

That’s amazing .. don’t watch many DH videos and was thinking “Holy —- is that normal in DH now?!”
    Considering how gopro seems to flatten things off and make it look slower than reality, some of that seems insanely fast. That road gap almost went by unnoticed.

JonEdwards

Much as I admire their courage I wonder whether that does anything to widen the appeal of mountain biking to the general public. Even I tend to look at it and think “that’s just stupid” and I imagine a lot of folk would just view it as Darwinism in action. Fair play to them though, they seemed to be having fun.

Whereas I look at that and think that its a lot closer to what grassroots DH is actually like (except the woodwork stunts). Proper SINGLEtrack. Gnarly tech sections, where you could really come a cropper if you go off line. Dodgy looking jumps with an assortment of death if you come up short. Sure it’s on a bigger scale to your local woods, but the ethos is the same – build it then shred it. I’d love a crack at the tech rock bits, but sod doing the jumps and drops!

creamegg

I agree with jon^^^

Awesome riding and would love more trails like this at bike park wales world cup dh events

Premier Icon chakaping
    Subscriber

some of that seems insanely fast.

The bit where he’s railing the berms in the woods looks speeded up.

😯

Premier Icon darrenspink
    Subscriber

Plenty of clapping at the end there πŸ™„

I wonder if Ratboy could do this, Dan is pretty hardcore.

wysiwyg

Awesome riding and would love more trails like this at bike park wales world cup dh events

I hate to say it, but what would the women ride…

johnj2000

“How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big” best quote ever πŸ™‚

Other vid is scary as anything, the road jump is ridiculous but the thing that gets me is the narrow nature of the other sections, I’d be hard pushed to stay on the trail it’s so narrow.

Premier Icon MSP
    Subscriber

I swear there was an alligator pit half way down.

Some of those trees come past a bit quick and close! Glass it is in Dyfi though, thought some sections reminded me of an event I had ridden πŸ˜‰

Premier Icon tom200
    Subscriber

I agree with jon^^^

So do I…. Just with smaller gaps!

Premier Icon valleydaddy
    Subscriber

Bike Park Wales you say, hmmmm I wonder what those trail builders have been working on πŸ˜‰

jamiesilo

danny hart? ‘ecstatic’ ?
    haha
    : )

soobalias

watched the Danny Hart headcam first and i did notice the road gap.

then the pic ^^ whoa muvvahukkin’ell shows how big it really is.

beicmynydd

This just shows that elite riders are just on another level.

Premier Icon dti
    Subscriber

part of the dyfi playground that just keeps on giving.

Premier Icon Lifer
    Subscriber

That is brilliant and Dan is a freaking legend.

Bit dull. Would much rather watch Danny Hart riding Champery in the rain, far more impressive set of skills involved. You can watch people ride big drops at the redbull rampage, with the added bonus that they’ll back flip them aswell.

Premier Icon mattjg
    Subscriber

lol @ ‘bit dull’

Absolutely mental. Top mtbers are getting so good its almost like a different sport! How he rides that fast I don’t know, it really does almost look like its been sped up!

fr0sty125

Completely mental, I wonder if Rachel considered it? Her, Ragot and Manon might be able to have a crack?

legend

Her, Ragot and Manon might be able to have a crack?

Not a chance. If those boys are saying it was ridiculous then there’s no way those girls were making it down

Premier Icon darrenspink
    Subscriber

I reckon quite a good number of world cup stars couldn’t handle this. The dh tracks they whip down are pretty flat in comparison.

digga

On another level entirely. If Dan Atherton is blowing before he’s even halfway into the course, it must be absolute nails.

One of the great shames with POV cameras is how tame they make everything look (gave up with mine because it just seemed to take videos of me hyperventillating about nothing) but even allowing for the standard Go-Pro flattening, that still looks fiendishly difficult.

Viewing 45 posts - 1 through 45 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Redbull Hardline – mental downhill!’ is closed to new replies.