Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Red bull TV on normal TV through chrome cast
  • Lummox

Is it doable?

Found conflicting info.

Currently have iPad, iPhone and Mac.

Just want to watch the downhill on a real TV

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Do it regularly, no problem. On android.

soobalias
    Free Member

wot he sed ^
    android, chromecast, tellybox

ticsmon

If it’s a new TV you can download the red bull app straight to your TV. Got it on my 2 year old Samsung and watched the down hill on Sunday

survivor

Would apple tv box not let you do this? I’ve seen it stream a dodgy movie site to a TV round my sisters house.

Personaly I’ve got a mini pc connected to TV for this sort of thing or can output my android tablet via HDMI cable.

bigjim

yes works very well

bspoked
    Free Member

works chromecast or is an app on the nexus player.

johnnystorm

Amazon Fire Stick has the Redbull app. Chromecast another layer of faff in comparison. Similar price to the chromecast.

Lummox

Brilliant, looks the Amazon voucher will be useful after all.

Cheers all

jemima
    Free Member

I find it works better on my Android phone to the CC than through the laptop to the CC. Laptop seems 50:50 success rate but phone is top notch. It’s great having the XC and DH on the telly 🙂

deadkenny
    Free Member

Guessing you probably haven’t got it, but if your TV is Samsung with Smart Hub, “there’s an app for it”. Redbull app on my Samsung TV works quite well (finally after they fixed bugs). Possibly apps for other brands too.

Though I’m considering Amazon Fire which has all the apps and more plus a bit more grunt as the Amazon app stutters sometimes on Smart Hub. Maybe the full Amazon Fire box as that has more power, storage and better Dolby Digital support, though really want a deal on it as bit pricey.

jambalaya
    Free Member

OP I have Apple TV and it works very well (£70 these days I think). Bit more expensive than Chromecast of course but will integrate well with your other kit. The ATV has a RedBull app so you don’t need phone/tablet/mac. I watch the DH and lots of other vimeo/youtube/iPlayer content via ATV and phone/tablet. Also you can just buy a wire which allows phone/tablet to connect to TV HDMI but that’s about £25 which is more than a Chromecast.

Del

for those on chrome cast there’s a third party vimeo app in the play store these days too, just in case you weren’t aware. seems to work a treat.

bspoked
    Free Member

Flimeo?

Another option on Nexus Player is to sideload Kodi where there is a Vimeo add-on as well as a Pinkbike one.

Del

interesting no, the one i have is ‘chromecast for vimeo’
    i’ll look at the other options. ta.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Anyone know if you can get iPlayer radio on the Firestick?

timraven

Android to Chromecast and Sony telly works very well here.

Del

Anyone know if you can get iPlayer radio on the Firestick?

seeing as they’ve done such a good job of making it unavailable on anything other than phones or computers, i’d be surprised TBH. pillocks. 👿

Lummox

well chrome cast ordered, i looked at the firestick as similar money but i’ll lose the remote and all the bundled channels i have on the Ps3 anyway, it’s basically for redbull tv and vimeo (was also youtube on fire but thats been shut down sadly)

if it turns out to be clunky bobbins i’ll send it back and save for apple tv (evil evil apple)

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Red bull TV on normal TV through chrome cast’ is closed to new replies.