Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Recommended Car tyres
  • andyl
    Free Member

195/55/15 – not a 306 is it?

i have Khumos Ecsta sports on the back of the estate – been impressed with them so far.

Have a set of Vredestein Sportrac 3 to go on as I am putting wheels and tyres on Kates car so I can have the winter tyres back.

mrmo
    Free Member

195/55/15 – not a 306 is it?

No, current generation VW Polo.

TheFlyingOx

Best tyres I’ve had were in the OP’s size 195/55/15. Vredestein Sportrac 3, on the front of an old MR2. Never let go once and it’s hardly a car reknowned for it’s front grip (or any grip for that matter).
    Vredesteins on the front, Toyo Proxes T1-R on the back, and I had a good 10,000 miles out of all of them with very minimal wear.

Think they were about £70 a tyre.

andyl
    Free Member

ahh that should make tyres for my car cheaper then. Was quite an expensive size as not many cars had it. 306 and MG-F seemed to be the most common.

timber

Avon ZV5 on a mondeo, don’t last long, but nothing goes much beyond 12k on the front of it. They have performed better than a lot of other stuff, especially when the tread depth is getting marginal they still hold out on the wet.
    Got some Toyo T1R on the girlfriends MX5, cheap and require a fair bit more to get sideways than the previous Admirals it came with.

landcruiser
    Free Member

Do some of you have …. Tracking issues ?

john_drummer
    Free Member

stay away from Wanli tyres no matter how cheap you are

noisy as f***!

and I don’t want to get anywhere near the limits on these. thankfully I drive like an old fart so probably never will

! I took the car (2006 Citroen C4 1.6 petrol) in to the garage for emergency oil diagnostics recently. After changing the oil & oil filter, they did a test drive & thought the wheel bearings were well & truly fubarred, so they checked – no problem with wheel bearings, just noisy tyres

JohnnyPanic

Yeah, Wanli’s are noisy 🙂 Still got one on the back though it’s time is nearly up. It’s done 33k on there though…

hora
    Free Member

On the Toyos I thought they were quite mushy on my mx5 had to run them at a higher psi

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

I have run Falken ZE912 on mine with good results, good performance all round and cheaper than the ‘big’ brands.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

After all the “it’s your only contact with the road”, “it could be a child’s face next time”, etc etc scaremongering I bought uniroyal rain-experts. Then this happened within 500 miles.

Track use by any chance? If so did you remember to increase pressures to support the sidewall (it’s only stiff sidewall R rated tyres that have pressure reduced as they heat up).

Otherwise I’d go with the tyre compound being/going off for some reason (storage conditions, manufacturing issue).

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Remember tyre performance is weight and drive specific, what works well on a heavy RWD may not suit a light FWD (chooose your own comparions). As a decent middle of the road (hee, hee) tyre I’ve used Yokohama A-Drive’s before with great results on light-medium weight FWD cars.

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Recommended Car tyres’ is closed to new replies.