Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Recommended bike repairs / bike maintenance shop in Liverpool please
  • SiB
    Free Member

Anyone use a reliable and trustworthy bike shop for repairs and maintenance in the Liverpool area?

ps…..for a friend, I do all my own repairs and maintenance!! Havent got time to do frinds though!

ds3000
    Free Member

Quinns on Edge Lane gets my vote, very knowledgeable staff, won’t rip you off.

bones76
    Free Member

Some friend you are??!! 😆

nealy
    Free Member

Quinns +1 for Liverpool but Thatto Cycles in St Helens are even better and worth the extra travel

RayMazey
    Free Member

Get him to go on a maintenance course 😀

Its only down 30mins down the road. It will pay for itself in no time. –

http://www.bikemaintenancecourses.co.uk

timc
    Free Member

Where about’s in Liverpool? whats needs doing?

South Liverpool try 1250 In Frodsham or Quinns on Edge Lane
    Central Liverpool try Quinns on Edge Lane
    North Liverpool try College Cycles in Crosby or Pedal Power in Formby Village.

Ive also used Evans in City centre, Did the job well but I prefer to use the local indi guys when & where possible.

timc
    Free Member

nealy – Member
    Quinns +1 for Liverpool but Thatto Cycles in St Helens are even better and worth the extra travel

Quinns are very good, not sure how you can say they are worth the extra travel? care to elaborate?

SiB
    Free Member

Thanks, I’ll pass info on.

Bones 76……if I do it he’ll rely on me ALWAYS, its for his own good for when I’m not around!

nealy
    Free Member

Quinns are very good, not sure how you can say they are worth the extra travel? care to elaborate?

Had a bit of experience with Quinns and they were good so no hesitation using them but lots of experience with Thattos and they have been great often fixing emergency last minute stuff at very short notice saving weekends away and they sell parts at pretty much online prices. As for extra travel it depends where you live but I’d assume Quinns would be closer if you’re based in Liverpool. They have also done maintenance courses in the past if you get a few of you together.

BoomBip
    Free Member

South Liverpool try 1250 In Frodsham

Didn’t know South Liverpool extended all the way into Cheshire 😆 Not used them but they come across as a decent bunch though.

Thatto’s plus 1 too – genuinely nice staff

timc
    Free Member

I never said it did… it was following on from the question of where is he based, so if he is South, try 1250 In Frodsham 🙄

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Recommended bike repairs / bike maintenance shop in Liverpool please’ is closed to new replies.