Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Recommend self-catering family accommodation on the Alps?
  • hora
    Free Member

Is there a direct-advertisers site or agent etc etc where properties are put on for holiday hire? Or other recommendations? (self-catering).

iolo
    Free Member

Which Alps?ie which country?
    It’s quite a big mountain range.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/France-Provence-Alpes-Cote-DAzur.htm

EDIT: in light of iolo’s post, that’s for properties in FRANCE hora. I’m sure if you can manage to lift your fingers an inch or so, you might be able to navigate to other countries.

hora
    Free Member

Ah- Morzine/Les Gets

iolo
    Free Member
    binners

Recommend self-catering family accommodation on the Alps?

Roughly translated:

Recommend me somewhere to stay where I can ride my bike all day, every day. She wants to go on a proper holiday, somewhere nice, with a beach, and some nice bars and restaurants that id tapas. Where theres actually something to do other than watch me riding off into the distance for the day. Well… tough

Maybe even somewhere with a kids club, or anything to stop the pair of them being bored rigid. Maybe people in the company of people who aren’t middle aged blokes endlessly banging on about their expensive toys. Other kids to play with? Pfft! The moon on a bloody stick! He may want water slides, and inflatables. Well life not fair. We don’t always get what we want. He’s going to have to make do with looking at some big hills, while doing his colouring books

So we’re going to Morzine, and thats that!

😆

nealglover
    Free Member

I have a friend who has a place in the centre of Morzine. Sleeps 6

I can pass on the details of you like.

hora
    Free Member

binners – self catering? Great supermarket there with lots to buy, prepare and a great childrens park under the Super Morzine lift 😀

Its got (well hopefully) good weather, etc and boozy stuff plus the lake to sit around.

A beach holiday as a strip of kebab shops, restaurants frying up bad versions of their national dishes and a beach.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Owners Direct (as above) or just call/email the tourist office

@hora advantage of going with the family is they can come and collect you from Samoens after you’ve done the descent down from Les Bourgeoise 🙂

binners

A beach holiday as a strip of kebab shops, restaurants frying up bad versions of their national dishes and a beach.

You say that like its a bad thing?

Does she know this is what you’re scheming? Or is it a ‘surprise’ to be revealed once its all booked? 😉

hora
    Free Member

Cough, surprise cough…

Its either that or Palma and I hire a small car again and go up and down that hairpin twisting road squeeling the little tyres again.

binners

Its why Fiat Panda’s were invented 😀

But seriously…. a ‘surprise’ week in Morzine sounds like a recipe for divorce to me

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Recommend self-catering family accommodation on the Alps?’ is closed to new replies.