Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Recommend me some grips
  • Country_Gent
    Free Member

As a result of a stupid mishap with a really sharp kitchen knife I have managed to do quite a bit of damage to the nerves in my hand.

To try and make riding my bike as comfy as possible I’m after the softest set of grips I can find.

Have heard Renthal Kevlars are pretty soft. Anyone else got any recommendations?

soma_rich
    Free Member

Oury are lovely and soft if you have big hands.

mboy
    Free Member

Those Renthal’s are soft, but they’re not very thick… They’re soft primarily for grip reasons, not cushioning.

If you’ve damaged nerves in your hand, you’ll want thick as well as soft no doubt…

To that end try either ODI Rogue Lockons, or even better perhaps, the Sunline Logo Lock on’s in thick diameter. They’re both pretty soft, very thick, and will help your hands a bit more than a thinner grip I expect.

wwaswas

have a look at Ergon, not super soft but they spread the load over a very wide area which might be better for you.

Country_Gent
    Free Member

Thanks guys, had thought of the Sunline grips as an option. Not sure about Ergon as most of my riding is quite agressive/DH i.e. I do need to hold on 🙂

uplink
    Free Member

Standard foam grips?

Lizard Skin Charger Lockons are quite soft

thejesmonddingo

Raceface Good’n’Evils if you can get them,soft and sticky,yum.

Country_Gent
    Free Member

Looks like Ritchie and Crank Bros both do lock-on Foam grips. Might have to hunt down a set in a LBS to cop a feel………so to speak

mboy
    Free Member

Foam grips are ok for XC mile munching, but they’re not grippy enough for anything else if you ask me. Definitely comfortable though!

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Agree that the ODI Rogues are nice and thick. Not terribly soft though. The ODI Crosstrainers have a nice soft waffle finish which might suit, but not as thick as the Rogues

phatstanley
    Free Member

just got lime ones (excel plus?) for ‘larger hands’ from superstar.
    psyched to try ’em.
    £8.99 plus shippage.

crotchrocket
    Free Member

2nd good and evil.

They are very thick and sticky

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some grips’ is closed to new replies.