Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Recommend me some bottle cages
  • studuck
    Free Member

My Croix de Fer is nearly built and I am umming and aahing about what bottle cages to finish off the build with. I don’t think carbon (or plastic) will look right on a steel frame but bog standard alloy ones are a bit boring. I had seen the PDW ones that look like a bird but not sure if that’s a bit OTT. What would STW recommend?

PS it’s the coppery bronze frameset

mick_r

Salsa Nickless cages (stainless). Very secure, last forever and don’t make black marks on bottles like worn aluminium ones.

butcher

Whatever you do, don’t go for the cheapest ones you can find on eBay… I have been through several.

simondbarnes

The Arundel Stainless ones are really very nice indeed. Got them on my Equilibrium and my Flyer.

somafunk

I have the Vincero magnetic mounts on my Tripster and Hummer, you do need to use the specific vincero water bottles though, I like them for the clean, uncluttered look and they are very secure in use, never lost a bottle yet.

grtdkad

Mt Zoom Ti cage.

Lovely. I’ve bought three.

schmiken

King Steel cages?

TiRed

Lezyne look nice, but their grip isn’t perfect. The other standard choice is, of course, the veritable Elite Cuissi gel bottle cage. Kittel uses one on his propel. The grip is excellent and you can choose black or chrome. Two of those says you know what a bottle holder should be.

I had Ti King ones on the Ti bike, the elite Cuissi is much better.

On the carbon bikes there can be only one choice; Arundel.

vincienup
    Free Member

I had Spesh alloy ones until I have up on cages. Worked well, cheap, did mark bottles.

I think the Blackburn ones get pretty much universal love?

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Kingdom bikes titanium

thegreatape
    Free Member

I have one of these

on my Bird Zero. How sad.

njee20
    Free Member

Mt Zoom ti +1

hilldodger
    Free Member

Blackburn switchback stainless steel cage, understated classic design that just works 🙂

miranmtb
    Free Member

Iris King Cage

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some bottle cages’ is closed to new replies.