• This topic has 20 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by DanW.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • recommend me some arm / knee warmers
  • thomthumb
    Free Member

I need to replace my arm and knee warmers. how exiciting…

Previously had endura and quite liked them (although i could never keep the arms up).

anything else i should consider? roubaix type not knitted (i already have on one merino)

IHN

I’ve got some Pro Bike Kit knee warmers, they’re excellent. Also have Endurance arm warmers, and the left one does slip down a bit. Guess my right bicep is a bit more developed, ahem 😉

lunge

I never thought I’d say this but Assos for arm warmers, they really are better than any other I’ve tried, you can often pick them up cheaper at the outlet.

Knee warmers, I’ve just picked up a pair of the Merlin jobs that seem fine, if not, err, Assos again?

Edit, Assos outlet, armer warmers for £14. (black also available for £2 more).

hammyuk
    Free Member

PX merino ones – bloody amazing for the price I paid.
    I took advantage and got one of the bundles – skull cap, gloves, overshoes, arm and knee warmers for less than most arm warmers on CRC/Wiggle

thomthumb
    Free Member

thanks lunge. ordered.

hammy do you think the PX ones will be better than the on one pair i have? 😉

hammyuk
    Free Member

lol – fairy muff

CraigW
    Free Member

I like my Gore Bike Wear Thermo arm warmers. Nice cosy roubaix stuff on the inside, and fit me nicely. Though probably not cheap.

hopkinsgm

Along slightly similar lines – well, “what arm warmers…” anyway, can anyone suggest an alternative to the (edit) apparently discontinued (/edit) hi-viz Mavic Vision ones? Don’t necessarily need to be bight orange (or whatever), but I’m looking for something with a decent reflective strip on them – not just a wee reflective logo. Suggestions anyone?

lunge

Hopkinsgm, I’m pretty sure both Planet-X and Wiggle/DHB do a hi-viz arm warmer

Klunk
    Free Member
    bigblackshed

If the arm warmers won’t stay up then you need to develop some man muscles. You’re obviously more roadie than a roadie.

😉

munkster
    Free Member

If anyone wants any PX knee warmers (size L i think) you can have them for a donation to the forum. I couldn’t get the buggers to stay up, and I don’t like the Nora Batty look when cycling. YMMV so if you want to chance it drop me an email rather than on here (I’m logging off here now so won’t see it).

ianfitz
    Free Member

Not helpful but I spotted arm warmers sized in either ‘climber’ or ‘sprinter’ which made me chuckle

MoreCashThanDash

It’s still a bit eye wateringly expensive, but that Assos outlet site is interesting…..

DanW
    Free Member

Sportful No Rain are great all rounders

TiRed

Very pleased with my Gore knee warmers. My chicken arms have resolutely managed to prevent arm warmers from staying up. I wear a long sleeve compression base layer.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Prendas

alanf
    Free Member

Second the Sportful no rains.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Sportful no rain ones are good for warm windproof, though can be a bit too warm for me.

My favourites are my Craft 3D ones, though they are sort of knitted so probably not for the OP.

shortcut

Castillo Nanoflex.

DanW
    Free Member

NanoFlex warmers are awful! Anything more than the lightest of drizzles or slight chill and you may as well not have them on

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘recommend me some arm / knee warmers’ is closed to new replies.