Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Recommend me an on line route planner for long dist cycling?
  • Dickyboy

the kind of thing that will plot a 100 mile road route from A to B, miss dual carriageways but won’t send me on a 10 mile detour just to miss 0.5 mile section of main road. Is there such a thing?

UrbanHiker
    Free Member

Far from perfect, but <see below> is best I’ve found for long routes. Does the Uk, not sure about anywhere else.

http://www.cyclestreets.net/

Dickyboy

Thanks – the dotgov one won’t let you plan anything over 50km 🙄

blades2000
    Free Member

you could try Bike Route Toaster but I’ve not used it for routes that long, allows you to change maps and is routable (SP)

Bike Route Toaster

njee20
    Free Member

Just use bikehike and design it yourself. I’ve done it on several 100 mile routes, it takes all of 5 minutes and you can choose which roads you take.

PePPeR

Viamichelin has a great cycle route option, am on phone so difficult to link to.

Dickyboy

thanks, viamichelin looks just about what I am after

PePPeR

I’m using it to plot a route from Warwickshire to the Loire valley next summer! Am doing something special for Mrs Peppers 50th

Dickyboy

I was just trying to plot a route to the ferry terminal @ portsmouth & then realised I can use it to check our planned route through the alps too 🙂

PePPeR

Exactly! Good luck!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me an on line route planner for long dist cycling?’ is closed to new replies.