Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Recommend me a vacuum cleaner (yes, really)
  • higgo
    Free Member

Upright
    Powerful
    Cheap

Frankers
    Free Member

I have Dyson and Henry……….prefer Henry

Also Try Here

takisawa2

Bissel. The one where the middle lifts out.
    Brilliant bit of kit.
    Not exactly cheap though.

rob2
    Free Member

Miele every time.

Not a stand-up but brilliant. Again not cheap but worth it in the long run.

jimithenomad
    Free Member

dont fall into the dyson trap of thinking no bags is better! i had one and it has been fixed 3 times , it is heavy, ad noisy. Much better are what my good old mum has :- a miele or in my opinion what i replaced my dyson with a sebo. This has the most efficient motor of any vac and is quiet too. it is fairly light and has been reliable for 4 years now. See john lewis for info and sadly enough even a demo!

cinnamon_girl

Miele again, I have a cylinder one and am really pleased with it.

Spongebob
    Free Member

MIELE! Have two of them. They suck hard and never break! 😆

Seriously, these puppies are the best vacuum cleaners out there.

Uprights are clunky and awkward IMHO.

Skankin_giant
    Free Member

Dyson ball the lil 1 its ace 😀

DaveGr
    Free Member

Miele – mine is excellent and has latest years. Then again I don’t use it that often!!!

Android
    Free Member

We had a Henry for a couple of years then swaped to a Dyson Ball thingy. You wouldnt believe how many times we emptied it in the first week!!

ballsofcottonwool
    Free Member

Dyson’s are brilliant, mine did lose suction steadily over the past 5 years i’ve had it.

So i gave it a full strip down and clean, discovered the flexible hoses were split which cost only 15 to replace and the cyclone had mechanism had become clogged with sticky dust. Once it was cleaned, dryed and reassembled it sucks like new.

Darn thing feels like its going to suck the carpets off the floor!

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

Upright
    Powerful
    Cheap

😆 has anyone actually recommended a single item fitting this yet

see if you can get a second hand dyson. they can be stripped down and most of the parts will go through a dishwasher. it’ll then work like new (might be worth getting a new hepa filter

cbike
    Free Member

Upright
    Powerful
    Cheap
    Light
    Fast
    fits under furniture and does stairs without causing a hernia.
    User servicable electrics

Oreck

Archaic
    Free Member

Miele all the way as they even have a 20 year lifetime.

MrOvershoot

I’m presuming you have killed yours with all this building work?

IMO the SH Dyson route would be fine, ours had survived 2 major building projects & several top to bottom stairs incidents!

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

we’ve gone through tons of vacuums in the 60quid bracket, seem to last about 18months – 2yrs. then we got a miele, what a difference.

JonBurns
    Free Member

A mate of mine got a Bissel for a really low price a couple of months ago. I think it may have been a slight 2nd or something along those lines. He’s happy with it, I’ll try and get some info as it was off t’internet.

theflatboy
    Free Member

henry’s are on offer in homebase for the next week until the 12th, i think – £75.

that’s a bargain.

Drac

Had 2 Dysons now and not had any trouble what so ever and yes including tumbles down the stairs and building work. Only got a second one as first had filters you had to buy gave that one away and it’s still going it’ll be about 10 years old now.

theflatboy
    Free Member

henry’s are on offer in homebase for the next week until the 12th, i think – £75.

that’s a bargain.

i dispatched my girlfriend to homebase this morning to pick up a henry. she was more taken by henry’s sister, hetty, so we’ve ended up with this instead!

GTDave
    Free Member

Miele or Dyson if you have predominantly carpeted floors.

<checks Which review>
    Their ‘Best Buy’s’ are predominantly Bosch, Miele & Dyson cylinder vacs. Henry is waaaay down their list, scoring 40%.

theflatboy
    Free Member

oh dear. oh well, at least she’s pretty. perhaps… too pretty… 😯

z1ppy

miele cylinder not their upright, as it weighs a tonne!

dave_aber
    Free Member

Upright & powerful – Kirby.

Oh..Cheap you say…eh – eBay?

redthunder
    Free Member

Henry.

Nuff said.

theflatboy
    Free Member

well exactly. fyi, gtdave, have a look at this:

http://www.reevoo.com/decidewhattobuy/2008/06/numatic-sweep-the-board-as-dyson-sucks/

i put no more faith in this than i do in the survey you linked to, but just goes to show, eh?

we should be picking her up over the weekend 🙂

Algore
    Free Member

Sebo for me.

Even better than Miele!

Sebo Felix also looks pretty cool.

boobs

Sebo for me too, don’t remember it being cheap.

skinnysteel
    Free Member

Meile again. Avoid Dysons like the plague.

marcus7
    Free Member

Is it me or is there a bimonthy saga about the merits of a henry against dyson (often tag teamed with sebo & miele). Really, some people seem to actually hate Dysons, I mean not just not rate them I mean actually wishing them harm!. IMO its a bit horses for courses, I’ve got both and use them for different stuff, dyson (10 years old no problems) for the house and the henry for garage and DIY in the house. I dont use the henry on carpets because it doesn’t have a beater/ brush and I’m sure it helps (or at least makes it easier). the Henry is great for sawdust and the like. I cannot believe that there is THAT much difference though with all uprights which use the same type of vacuum technology.

higgo
    Free Member

OK, any reason why I shouldn’t buy a Bissell PowerForce Turbo?

http://www.bisselldirect.co.uk/product/1109

Seems to be upright, cheap(ish) and, with a name like PowerForceTurbo, it’s got to have plenty of suck, hasn’t it?

higgo
    Free Member

Seems to be upright, cheap(ish) and, with a name like PowerForceTurbo, it’s got to have plenty of suck, hasn’t it?

Very impressed.
    Ran this over one rug that had been done last Friday (and every Friday before) by the cleaner with our old vac (an Electrolux cylinder one). It filled the new one, not just with dust and fluff but an alarming amount of fine grit too.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a vacuum cleaner (yes, really)’ is closed to new replies.