Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Recommend me a goretex paclite jacket
  • NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Hi i am the market for a new waterproof jacket, think I will be getting paclite again as i was very pleased with what I had before but its seen a lot of use and has a few holes in it now.
    Anyone recommend one or seen a bargain needs to be size large.

jedi

i got a scott paclite. not cheap but really well made. keeps me bone dry whilst riding and coaching in the rain 🙂

james
    Free Member

OT:
    i think the standard answer on here is that there are better options out there than paclite which isn’t cheap and not all that breathable. I know mine isn’t
    Can’t remember the two materials that get recommended. I’ll be after one when my Gore stops being useful. Think the zips are going and its already got a few holes in it.

jedi

i wear a windproof softshell mid layer too

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

What are the better options than paclite for breathability and waterproofing?
    I have been told that the Event fabric does not breath as well as gore fabric, and the own brand fabrics are cheaper copies of gore fabrics, such as Altura jackets.

tlr

Gore Tex Active Shell. So much better than Paclite its unreal.

Truly breathable, but it does cost more than Paclite.

sefton
    Free Member

haglofs all day long (they are the best)! endo jacket is apparently the most breathable jacket (not specifically for biking tho)

martinhurton
    Free Member

http://www.mountain-equipment.co.uk/the_gear/clothing/waterproof/firefox_jacket—650/

Much, much more breathable than paclite. Very happy with mine and it has been out in 100mph + winds with driving rain, snow, etc. Very, very good jacket. I was in the s*it but the jacket performed well!

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Saw the fire fox in a local shop reduced to half price but only in a medium. Liked the look of it, Think I will search one out.
    BTW go-outdoors have them in some stores (in small only) for £75

RichieBoy
    Free Member

Don’t get a paclite, mines been terrible. The best jacket I ever had was an React Altura one, although it was very bulky.

MarkLG
    Free Member

Paclite is a bit old hat now – things have moved on.
    Goretex Active Shell is lighter and a lot more breathable. I picked up a Haglofs Endo active shell in the sales and have been very impressed with it. I got the pullover version which just has a half length zip, and there’s plenty of length in the sleeves and back for cycling. Very simple design, but very well made and works well.
    My old Paclite is like a plastic binbag in comparison – it just doesn’t seem to breath at all.

shredder
    Free Member

Haglofs Endo here as well full zip version. Superb in a word very light and breathes very well forget I have it on.

mrelectric

Gore-Tex Active 2.0 is the best jacket I’ve had. Recommended.

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Anyone seen any deals?

I saw a Hoglofs Endo pull for £120 but think i would miss the full zip.
    Also saw firefox for £160, thinking im going for that.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a goretex paclite jacket’ is closed to new replies.