Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Recommend me a cycling related book(s), I need some new reading…..
  • drain

@DavidB – my hero! 😉

At one point reading it I thought you’d got CCTV set up on my mancave 😀

Great read, your book – also made even more relevant as we used to live up at Burderop (on the new-ish little estate there) and the routes you’re describing (to a tee!) are my old stamping ground. Still trundle through on the Ridgeway 2-3 times a year cycling offroad (K&A Canal, Ridgeway) from Somerset to a mate’s place in Oxfordshire.

DavidB
    Free Member

drain – shout me next time you are in the area

crazy-legs

Alistair Humphreys two books:
    Moods of Future Joys
    Thunder and Sunshine

A 2-part story of his round the world cycle ride which took him about 5 years. Good books, very different from the competition driven stories from Millar, Hamilton, Armstrong and co.

drain

@DavidB – will do – still pop up to see mates who live in the area as well so will drag them out to play 😀

hammerite
    Free Member

An old one but recently reprinted….

Wide Eyed and Legless.

Took it on holiday and hardly moved while reading it over 2 days. About ANC-Halfords and the TdF they did in 1987.

Edric64
    Free Member

Josie Dews travel books are an interesting Read

stuartie_c
    Free Member

“Tomorrow We Ride”, Jean Bobet
    “We Were Young and Carefree”, Laurent Fignon

For the record, I thought “French Revolutions” was dire. The premise of “let’s patronise the French because they have some funny ways” was stretched to breaking point within the first couple of chapters, but the author doesn’t stop there, unfortunately. Painfully unfunny.

manitou
    Free Member

Half way through the Tyler Hamilton book.. pretty bleak stuff…. every last rider back then was doping. A sad state of affairs.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a cycling related book(s), I need some new reading…..’ is closed to new replies.