Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Recommend me a Co2 inflator
  • fudge9202
    Free Member

Using stans flow need a co2 inflator any recommendations

fudge9202
    Free Member

surely somebody has used these and can recommend one

stratman
    Free Member

I have a genuine innovations air chuck, that I’ve used once on the road bike. It seemed to work perfectly and is a whole lot easier than pumping

Can’t comment on stans flow

ratherbeintobago

I’ve got an SKS Airchamp, which is very good but takes unthreaded cartridges (can be a pain to get).

Be aware that CO2 isn’t recommended with Stan’s sealant, at least not the initial inflation anyway.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Don’t use CO2 with tubeless sealant, it does something to the latex solution causing the latex to clump together into a solid ball.

Just get a good tack pump.

You can get N2O cartridges which might work if you’re desperate from http://www.creamsupplies.co.uk which is the same company as http://www.tyreinflators.co.uk just for a different market.

fudge9202
    Free Member

cheers guys many thanks

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Cheap one off ebay. Never let me down yet.

jonnyb1972
    Free Member

Ha use laughing gas instead 🙂

ratherbeintobago

As an aside, I wonder why we use CO2 and not N2 cartridges.

That catering supplies place has argon cartridges if you really want something that won’t react with sealant.

slackalice
    Free Member

And whatever you do, don’t think about filling a balloon with the N2O and taking in the contents to your lungs, repeatedly 😉

It’s nearly as much fun as riding your bike! 😀

retro83
    Free Member

i use the decathlon one. It’s good, I got replacement cartidges from tyreinflators.co.uk in the larger 16g size.

I use it most often for getting the tyre seated on the rim, then you let it down and reinflate with a track pump easy as you like

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a Co2 inflator’ is closed to new replies.