Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Recommend me a cheap tool kit
  • tartanscarf

Looking for a cheap (under £100) tool kit for the bike. Will be doing gears, cassettes, cables, installing new chainsets etc. Occasional use only.

Cheers
    TS

br
    Free Member

Just buy separate’s as and when you need them.

I’ve a mixture of Park, Pedros, X-Tools and Halfords Professional.

TimS
    Free Member

If you buy the cheapest tools you can find, you will be wasting your money. Poor quality stuff bends and breaks and mangles nuts and bolts as it’s doing so.

will
    Free Member

I bought this, and i’m very impressed by it!
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/lifeline-workshop-tool-kit/

Has everything I need, and even has a cool multitool!

tartanscarf

Good point about buying it bit by bit now I think about it. I’ve got decent cable cutters and adjustable spanners for starters!

TS

tony24
    Free Member

my advice would be get as much kit you can from the likes of stanley, irwin, bacho etc cable cutters for example for a cheap set of bike specific brand your looking at around £10 and they will be blunt in no time. Irwin on ebay are £10 and they will last you forever quality made and can be resharpened. same with spanners, Allen keys, sockets.

Only bike specific parts i would buy would be HT2 tool or any other bottom bracket tool.

I got my own headset removal tool made from a stainless steel tube and the same with the cassette removal tool.

I am not even impressed with park tools stuff seems like overpriced stuff to me.

tartanscarf

Good advice tony24 – I can get trade prices on quite a few tools through the business.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a cheap tool kit’ is closed to new replies.