Home Forums Chat Forum Recommend me a bluetooth amp/receiver wotsit

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Recommend me a bluetooth amp/receiver wotsit
  • IHN

The Technics stereo (I believe the technical term was ‘midi system’) what I bought myself with my first pay packet in 1993 finally shuffled off it’s electronic coil at the weekend. So, I need something to replace it.

All it’s used for is to listen to music, via a cheap bluetooth dongle, in the stable where I do bike fiddling and Zwifting. I already have a couple of nice Eltax speakers out there that it used, so I need something to attach them to.

I’m thinking of getting something like this, any good?

the-muffin-man

They work fine – I use that exact one at work.

Mine is plugged into the back of my mac via 3.5mm Audio cable and connected to some old Mission speakers.

That one you linked to doesn’t come with a power supply though. I got mine of Amazon with a UK plug.

EDIT – I see power supply is an optional extra.

StuF

The Wiim Mini is pretty good and that can do bluetooth or stream direct from interweb without going via your phone, just uses the phone as a remote – useful if you want to watch youtube / scroll about on your phone whilst listening to music in the background

gobuchul
    Free Member

How is it possible to sell a 50w amplifier, with USB DAC, power supply, bluetooth and cables for £28 including delivery?

IHN

How is it possible to sell a 50w amplifier, with USB DAC, power supply, bluetooth and cables for £28 including delivery?

Cos electronic stuff is made from inexpensive parts that can be put together inexpensively?

chakaping

Nobsound – fnarr fnarr

Looks a handy little gadget though.

Is there a similar price version that would plug into my 1990s Marantz amp’s aux socket?

gobuchul
    Free Member

@chakaping – You don’t need that, you already have the amplifier.

You could get a cheap bluetooth receiver for £10 to connect your phone.

Wiim Mini is a good shout but they are a lot dearer.

There is a middle ground, Arylic S10+ streamer, uses Wiim modules and can even be operated by the Wiim app. I have one arriving today from Aliexpress, £48 delivered.

IHN

Is there a similar price version that would plug into my 1990s Marantz amp’s aux socket?

Take your pick

In fact, you can have the one I’m currently using if you want it, cos I don’t need it now the stereo’s died. PM me if you want it and I’ll stick it in the post.

gobuchul
    Free Member

Cos electronic stuff is made from inexpensive parts that can be put together inexpensively?

I guess it’s not crazy cheap. I only paid about £50 for a soundbar that is used for bluetooth stuff in the kitchen, amp, speakers, bluetooth, optical and it came with cables.

chakaping

n fact, you can have the one I’m currently using if you want it, cos I don’t need it now the stereo’s died. PM me if you want it and I’ll stick it in the post.

Very kind thanks guv, I’ll try to send you a PM

timber

OP, just installed one in my garage linked up to some Cambridge Audio speakers and sounds good with enough power for too many people to hear my musical choices.

Also got a holder someone had printed for them to mount it under the work bench. Appears they are quite popular for home built game sims.

onehundredthidiot

Had a nobsound thing, lasted a good few years only complaint I had was the connected tones were set at super loud.

Got rid of it when it broke and the “system” that sat there and got a denon m41 from eBay and it’s really good.

TiRed

Have a Fosi class D amp with that chip. Works well. I don’t do Bluetooth though. You’ll need a decent power supply for the amp. I think mine came to about £70 and yes they do a Bluetooth version. Well received on test sites too.

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/fosi-audio-bt20a-pro-amplifier-review.43751/

sharkbait
    Free Member

I put one of these on my boat last year to replace the huge old amp that sucked power and produced a lot of heat – it was a fun little project sorting out the power supply  and it works pretty perfectly!!

goldfish24

Using a nobsound ns-10g here very happily for ~4 years in the shed. It sounds better than my ancient musical fidelity x-a1 in the house.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.