Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • recommend me a all in one printer please
  • Innes
    Free Member

My All in one printer has packed in, and I was recommended a HP printer.

There are loads of options, I was hoping to get one that is wireless or could be connected to the router, I don't need a top of the range one, just one that works well.

Does any one have one they are happy with?

The ink seems quite expensive with HP, is it OK to use compatible ink?

thanks.

Innes

dr_death
    Free Member

I've got the Canon Pixma MP 970, and they do a few others. Seems to do everything you could want and had a higher rez scanner than the others I looked at.

Inks still expensive, just bought some 'compatible' ones so I'll let you know….

paulosoxo
    Free Member

I got a samsung laser printer/scanner/copier for work and it's great, black and white only, but that's all I want, ~ £70ish

Sharing wise, I have connected this to the desktop with USB and then shared it on the network, so basically, as long as the desktop is on, I can print from anywhere in the house.

thejesmonddingo

I've got an Epson 4 colour job,I save money by being able to replace individual colours,quality is fair.
    Ian

ian-r

Canon MP620 has been pretty good. Last time I looked I think Argos had a special.

antigee

Lexmark X4650 here – wireless printer handy for laptops (plus scanner and copy)

had one similar already not wireless and compared to HP seemed more economical on ink and def' less prone to jams – easy to set up (with XP) will not work with linux at all

simon_g

As posted a few days ago – Epson SX515, about £80 from Argos/Comet at the moment. Wireless, scanner, etc – cheap ink too.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

just got an Epson PX710W for my birthday and it's a top bit of kit.

wireless, A4+, scan/copy and has a memory card reader as well.

If you are worried about ink costs then check the photo mags for reviews of non OEM inks. Also if you print letters etc then get a cheap laser printer as well, we have one on our router and it only cost £60 or something

freddyg
    Free Member

dr_death – Member

I've got the Canon Pixma MP 970, and they do a few others. Seems to do everything you could want and had a higher rez scanner than the others I looked at.

Inks still expensive, just bought some 'compatible' ones so I'll let you know….

I'm interested to know how you get on with the compatible cartridges. I'm sat at home now waiting to take delivery of my shiny new MP990.

I's overkill for my immediate needs, but the fact that it's got a high res scanner and can scan and print direct from 35mm film negatives was what persuaded me to spend the extra. It also does the usual printing direct from SD / CF cards thing too.

Sirneildementure
    Free Member

As posted a few days ago – Epson SX515, about £80 from Argos/Comet at the moment. Wireless, scanner, etc – cheap ink too.

I've just set one of those up. Seems excellent. Got mine from John Lewis.

Innes
    Free Member

Thanks

dr_death
    Free Member

As I said, I'll let you know…

Forgot to mention that mine has been a breeze to connect to the router and I can now print from the desktop or either laptop. (It is an Apple router though, so that helps)

Mof
    Free Member

I've used mostly Epson printers at work and home over the years, but my recent purchase of a HP Photosmart C4585 has changed my brand loyalty. Bargain price (can't believe how cheap these things are now). It seems to be really well put together and is great quality for the price. Copies, scans, prints (obviously). Really easy to set up and use…I use mine wireless. Possibly a shade on the noisy side when initially starting a print, but otherwise quiet and quick. It even looks quite good….but I do like the look of the Canon Pixma range. The inks seem to last well and genuine HP replacements are not mega bucks.

freddyg
    Free Member

Well, my MP990 arrived and it's really, really good.

Photo printing quality is superb and the scanner is great. I can do a quick scan to pdf and e-mail it or save it direct to a PC – this can be controlled either from the PC or the printer. Printing from memory cards is easy and means that we'll probably print considerably more photos of the kids rather than just dumping them on a disk somewhere. Also the scanning of negatives is a doddle.

Yes it was expensive, but so far I'm impressed.

Any one want to buy a Canon Pixma IP4000 with a set of spare inks? 😀

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘recommend me a all in one printer please’ is closed to new replies.