Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Recommend: Curry restaurant Leicester
  • FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I’m in Leicester this week so want to take the opportunity to get a proper curry for a change rather than the sweet flavourless rubbish you get in Shropshire ( having lived in Bradford previously)

Recommend me a Leicester curry house please. I’m not wanting blow your head of heat wise curry, just curry with depth of flavour

Ta

alanl
    Free Member

Paddys Marten is probably the best:
    https://paddysmarteninn.co.uk/

It gets busy, especially at weekends, so there is a need to book in advance.

The Taj on Hickley Road always used to be good, though we havent been for 3 years:
    https://www.tajbarandgrill.com/storemenu

rascal
    Free Member

Marten’s Inn as previously mentioned. A bit out of town though so taxi back in if you want extra beers too.

Not been for about 4 years but the food was very good then. The noise, harsh lighting, Bollywood screens everywhere and slightly crap service might well have changed for the better since then too 😉

If it’s as good as it was I can recommend the Indian hot Lamb Tawa.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Thanks for the recommendations Kayal has been mentioned by a friend too, will give that a go

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

I’ve not been to Kayal, will add it to the list but can very much recommend Paddy Martens, excellent food, The Clowes on Portsmouth Road was also excellent.

mildbore

Bobby is the best restaurant in Leicester. Indian veggie and v good value too. Only problem is that you will want to keep eating after you are full

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Went to Kayal last night, was a very very tasty curry , certainly not your cheapest place but would highly recommend if you want something a little different from your big standard English curry

asbrooks

I would have said Kayal is a good place to go the food is pretty good, however the meany times I’ve eaten there the service has been quite poor.

Herb across the road from Kayal is run by the same same chain but is purely vegetarian/vegan. Their paneer biryani is fantastic.

Slightly off the beaten track (from the town centre) – Narborough Road there is Meethas again is purely vegetarian, IMO is as good as what both Kayal & Herb have to offer but for half the price.

Bobbies as already suggested is also good.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.