Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Recommend a R/C Plane pls
  • Aus
    Free Member

For my son, who’s pretty competent with his R/c cars and has had a ‘toy’ plane which he had fun with. Wants to move on to more of a ‘proper r/c plane’, electric, stable, beginner level up to £80ish.

Any recos pls – thanks

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

I have on in the loft unbuilt. It’s a seagull electric readbuilt kit. see this
    http://www.allelectricrc.co.uk/seagull-e-pioneer-trainer-ep-artf-trainers-950-p.asp
    though mine is yellow i think. I have the brushless motor too but never got to build or fly it. it’s still boxed.

bear-uk
    Free Member

And I have a Chris foss UNO WAT almost complete with an Os 25 FsR (much sort after engine) for £55I a in Harogate/Leeds ara

bear-uk
    Free Member

tHINk my kEAboard STUFFED?

bear-uk
    Free Member

No sure if these will work?
    Photobucket

johnhoo
    Free Member

for around £100 there’s this

It may need a little assembly but everything you need to get airborne is in the box.

BUT before you do that, first find your local flying club. Go watch them fly. Ask some silly questions, and some not-so-silly questions. Find out if anybody is willing to train your son. Then find out whether they fly Mode 1 or Mode 2, and what would they recommend. They’ll probably recommend an IC model but stick to your guns if you prefer electric flight; it’s gaining ground all the time on the smelly noisy infernal combustion engine

Eventually you might come back to this model, or you might not, but at least you’ll be doing it with some sound advice rather than a bunch of mountain bikers on an internet forum 😉

You should also check out BMFA, if nothing else they’ll be able to show you where your nearest clubs are.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Recommend a R/C Plane pls’ is closed to new replies.