Home Forums Chat Forum Recommend a Festival Trolley

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Recommend a Festival Trolley
  • kitchener
    Free Member

Need a festival trolley.  Last one got trashed at Bluedot 2024 (that was the muddy one at Jodrell Bank), wheels were clogged, frame rusted.  It still carried two heavy kids and a stash of cheap IPA though until it died.  Any recommend one that will survive the apocalyptic summer of 2025?

Maybe something like this, but tougher:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/956683162833755/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3Ab3312bbb-1aa4-46b6-bce3-09e7a599c6b5

fossy
    Rubber_Buccaneer

What I don’t like about that Wickes one ^ is the way the wheels are held in a bracket that clogs with mud.  I speak from recent experience of dragging a clogged up trolley across a muddy field or two.  Those with a single sided attachment and loads of clearance, I looked at those with envy what with their turning wheels and everything

The one linked in the OP looks good.  The downside is that it doesn’t fold but if you can transport it then no problem

CountZero

If a trolley that size doesn’t fold, then you’ll need something pretty big to carry it, along with all the stuff to go in it, in which case you might as well just kip in the vehicle on a self-inflating mattress!

When I went to End Of The Road a couple of years ago, there was a Mr Trolly there, hiring trolleys in the car park for something like £10/hour – I transported all my gear to a decent camping spot, set up the tent, chucked everything in the tent and took the trolley back, and got a refund because I’d had it for less than an hour.
    I might think about getting a folding one like the Wickes one, because my car doesn’t have the space in the back that the Octavia did, although even that would struggle with the Fb one!

kitchener
    Free Member

£10/hour? That’s a good business.  Cheers everyone for chipping in with advice. I think the issue is there’s flimsy ones that all fold, and big ol’ sturdy ones that don’t.  We’re after something inbetween, and perhaps a gardening-style one is the way to go.

Anyone else hate online shopping for this kind of thing? I like to bash things with wheels on in person, rather than judge the quality of jpegs.

I’ve got a TF Gear Juggernaut

Was absolutely brilliant when I used it a few years ago (use caravan for festivals now)

TF-Gear-Juggernaut-All-Terrain-Carp-Fishing-Tackle.jpg.81f52aa05546e20bfa229ca1c3d3c65e

kitchener
    Free Member

That’s a beast!!  Mad max style, that one.

PrinceJohn

Most people I’ve seen overload their under specced trolleys & they even struggle over flat dry ground.

You want something like this as a minimum.

The Juggernaut I pictured above had on it from memory

4 man tent

Sleeping bag

Air bed

Pillows

2no car batteries

40l 12v fridge

Table and chairs

Weekends clothing

Lots of beer

6no 1.5l bottles of water

Cooking utensils and food

And probably other stuff that I can’t remember

jkomo

I’ve had a few, TBH most are shit, the von haus one above is good, but for heavy stuff a sack truck with you gear in boxes and strapped on is a game changer.
    Note- a proper solid one, not one that folds out with no axle.

Houns
    benp1

I can totally see uses for a folding trolley, but only if it folds, and only if it’s really robust with wheels that don’t clog. If that vonhaus one folded down nicely it would be ace

For everything else I have a Magliner Gemini which is the gold standard of handtrucks and absolutely fantastic

peekay

Have tried some friends trolleys in the past with mixed success, and seen countless trolley failures over the years at festivals.

We now use our Thule Chariot with the jogging wheel at the front. It collapses/disassembles well, has a large capacity, takes a reasonable weight of stuff, and can get through most mud or rough terrain without issues.

Although, if there is due to be a trolley man hiring out the sturdy ones for £10, I would use these. They are usually very robust and designed for the sort of purpose that you want it for.

Also with using Trolley Man there is no chance of someone nicking your own fancy trolley from your tent to get stuff to their car on the last night of the festival.

sc-xc

Use a wheelie bin, load it up with cider.

mrchrist

My dad has one of those Amazon ones. Worked great on a beach loaded up with kids and paddle boards.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Tried various things over the years – with varying degrees of failure. 😂 Anything foldable, or lightweight just fails in the mud.

We just put up with being fleeced sideways by Mr. Trolley at Green Man now. As our kid and the others are all a bit older, we don’t need to have one all weekend.

Whatever you go with, remember to bring a good assortment of different length bungees. They’re invaluable.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.